Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Monday, 23 May 2011

Brayer and Glitter Ritz Tutorial



I thought I would start my first project using the tool that intimidated me the most.....  the BRAYER.  One of the first things I bought when I started stamping was a brayer......the biggest dust collector in my craft room!   I would just about break into a cold sweat whenever I would even think of blowing the dust off of it.  Just recently I decided I should make friends with it and now it is one of my favorite tools.   I am hoping when I get a little more blogger savy I will be able to do step by step photo tutorials, for now sharing my projects in print will have to suffice.  My dad always  said Rome wasn't built in a day.

My brayering tips for you today are...... make sure your brayer is good and inked up and when you start to roll the brayer.  Make sure you have scrap paper under your cardstock and  start rolling on the scrap paper first, quickly rolling onto the cardstock.  This helps prevent a big ink splotch where you begin.
I will have more tips at a later date.

~ I started out with white cardstock. Brayered daffodil ink 2/3 of the way down.
~Punched out a circle from a post it note ~making sure you punch as much of the sticky part you can and position it where you want your sun.
~Ink the Brayer up with pumkin ink and roll it  over the daffodil, leaving some daffodil showing.
~Ink up cajun ink and roll it over the pumkin, leaving some pumpkin showing
~remove the post it note and sponge  just a smidge of pumpkin on one side of the sun to give it some dimension.
~Stamp your silhouette image in black
~Sponge some olive ink ( using a pouncing motion) at the bottom to create the illusion of grass
~Sponge some black ink over the olive ( using a pouncing motion ) not covering the olive completely, creating the illusion of shadows.

All in all, a very quick image to create.

This card is super sparkly, I  cut a circle of score sheet, the same size as my image, laying it over top of the image, peel off the backing, sprinkle CRYSAL CLEAR GLITTER RITZ over top and burnishing it into the image with your finger.
This is the perfect glitter for this technique due to it's transparent quality and beautiful sparkle. I haven't managed to capture the sparkle in the photo.

Supplies....
Stamps~ Inkadinkadoo, Stampin' Up
Paper~Stampin'Up
Ink~Daffodil, Pumpkin, Cajun Craze, Olive, Apricot, Black
Accessories~Score sheets (Doubles sided sticky sheets), Spellbinders, Kaiser Rhinestones, Glitter Ritz -Crystal Clear, Dollar Store Lace, SU Pear Seam Binding, MS Punches, SU Punches, Dimensionals, Speed Ball Brayer, And 2 pieces of sponge.

Clear as mud?  Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.
Thanks for stopping by! Have a fabulous day!

Over and out,
SS Ellen

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your venture into blog-world. I have not made that jump yet. Too many irons in the fire right now.

    Anywho...your card caught my eye on SCS which brought me here..very nice. Your work is beautiful and I look forward to seeing more.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellen
    I found you yes it works..
    I love your card!
    Love the layers and the beautiful colors..
    Cindy/ylm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! thinking of becoming friends with my brayer too...lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your sweet comments! I really didn't think anybody would read this!
    Have a fab day everybody!
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous tutorial and a precious creation. Bring on the brayer! Ellen's made it look easy! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you for your lovely comment ellen

    this is gorgeous too ellen, the colors are bright and happy.
    love the farie too.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've made a beautiful card with the brayer and glad you left such good instructions.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!