Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Monday, 23 May 2011

Masculine Tissue Cover Box





I made this tissue box for a sick friend that is a music teacher.
One of the hardest things for me to make is anything .....masculine.  I am always inclined to smother everything in glitter, ribbon and any kind of sparkly trinket.   I started with this tutorial from Splitcoaststampers........

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/tissueboxcover/

SCS has well written tutorials that even I can follow~LOL

The tip of the day is.....  yes, I learned this today....when you are choosing the embossing folder, choose one that is not to intricate.  The more intricate the design, the more feeble the opening for the tissues is.  I doubled the the card stock on the opening to make it sturdier.  I try to make my projects to stand the test of time.

 I know my friend will be thrilled with his designer tissue box.  The edges are all sponged with creamy caramel ink. for more dimension. I hope you give it a try. I know I will be making these again.

Stamps~ Rubbernecker
Paper~Kraft, Black, White
Ink~Memento Black, Creamy Caramel- SU
Accessories~Spellbinders, Black Grosgrain ribbon, Sponge, Tim Holtz embossing folder

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful day!!
Over and out,

SS Ellen

2 comments:

  1. Very original and well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh MY Word! What do you mean you cannot do masculine? This is absolutely stunning, artistic and perfectly suited to any man. Well, except maybe my friend Jacques ... but we won't go there!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!