Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Friday, 24 June 2011

A Challenge Card and An Answer



Hello Everybody!

I have had these Stampscapes stamps for a couple of years now and never played with them until last week. This is the first card I have done on my own with them.

I started with a cream colored piece of packaging that had a little shine to it since I didn't have any glossy card stock. Yes I am notoriously cheap and will stamp on anything!~LOL

Here is how I made it..
.
I stamped the cabin and trees with Black Stazon (love this ink when I am water coloring or doing a lot of sponging- it is waterproof and doesn't smear).  I stamped some of the trees along the bottom of the card, just using the tips to create a more natural look.

I sponged Pixie Pink and Lovely Lilac in the sky area. Then sponged a little bit of Saffron ink behind the trees and on the water for a little bit of sun reflection.  Next I Sponged in some Marina Mist and some Not Quite Navy.  I still didn't like the way the sky looked so I used the Tonal Applicator Stamp and went over it again with Marina and Not Quite Navy.  I left a wee bit of an open area  to reflect the sun.

 Then I took a make up sponge (the wedge kind) and used the sharp edge to sponge in the lake first with Marina then Not Quite Navy over it.  BE Careful not to touch the yellow with the blues or you will of course create the color green.  The I added a few spots on the lake with Night of Navy.

Then I stamped the fishing boat and seagulls.

Colored the trees with a light stroke using an Artichoke marker, not coloring all the way up to the tree top.

Colored the rocks Light Gray.

Colored the cabin with a Caramel marker and shadowed it with a Suede marker. Then windows with a Yoyo Yellow.

Used White Craft ink and very sparingly, ever so lightly sponged across the water  and heavier around the boat.

Added some white gel pen along the water's edge, highlighted the rocks, and added ripples in the water as well as  dots around the boat to create water movement.

I found an old ribbon slide that I bought at the dollar store and some black ribbon.  I popped both panels up with pop dots.

I am quite happy with the way this turned out for my first try. These are stamps that I will have to practice with.

Ingredients~

Stamps~ All from Stampscapes-Lakeside Cabin, Tonal Applicator, Seagulls, Canoe and Flyline.

Ink~Black Stazon, SUP! inks- White Craft, Lovely Lilac, Pixie Pink, Marina Mist, Not Quite Navy, Night of Navy

Paper~ Packaging Light cardboard, Black, Marina Mist, Hunter Green

Accessories~Make Up Sponges, Ek 3d Dots, White Gel Pen, Water Based Markers, Ribbon and ribbon slide

That's my card for today. Hope you like it!

Yesterday libithan  asked whether Dolce Stamps and Cards was only an on line store or if they actually had a real store that you can visit.  Well, Your in luck!! I had the pleasure of shopping in Sandy and Betsy's Store. It is such a warm and inviting store, it felt just like visiting old friends! I found lots of fun toys to take home! When I got back to Canada I started on line shopping with them.  They have gone above and beyond to get me the things I am looking for. I plan on visiting them in person again!

Here is the address if you are ever lucky enough to be in Seattle Washington, USA.......
11750 15th Ave NE
Seattle, WA
98125. 

 Don't forget they have some very generous BLOG CANDY that you can find out how to enter on their blog.
 Here is the link.......

 Dolce Stamps and Cards Blog


 I just wanted you to know that your comments are all read and really appreciated!  They are definitely the highlight of my day!

Have a fabulous weekend everybody!

Over and Out,
El




11 comments:

  1. wow elly this card and that for the first time.
    it's really beautiful, love stampscape cards.
    have a nice weekend.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey even i like these card and i do collect them..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is not only gorgeous it is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This scene is gorgeous. I could just sit and look at it forever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ellen, this is absolutely phenomenal!! What an inspiration you are with your magnificent coloring. Thank you for explaining in such detail how you colored this. It looks like an artist's painting. Wait a minute ...you ARE an artist!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOWZA!!! This is magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously. Your first time ever working with stamp scape scenes and you create this awesome beauty? It's a good thing I adore you or I'd have some serious scape envy going on over here.

    Beautiful creation, sweet girl. I just love it and could stare at it forever! HOLY!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Found your card on SCS and had to come over to see how you did this card. Thank you for the detailed explanation--so much work went into this. What kind of marker did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ellen, this is stunning work. I have wanted to try Stampscapes but just have never gotten around to it. I think you need to get more and play. I have to log in as anonymous because blogspot hates me and won't let me leave comments otherwise. LOL! Kittie

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW, Ellen, I saw this on your gallery and your explanation of how you created this is beyond me. I've been doing some brayering and sponging, but nothing even compares to this masterpiece. Wish I lived closer to Seattle so I could visit Dolce. Beautiful work and technique!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your scene is outstanding! Good job.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!