Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Friday, 3 June 2011

Dying for Diecuts Challenge



Hello friends!
Just a quick card to share with you all today. Over at Splitcoaststampers the Ways to Use It Challenge today was Dying for Die Cuts (WT325) Make a card using die cuts of some kind. I knew I just had to use the Sizzex Fanciful Flight-Tim Holtz Die. This is actually a butterfly die but I rearranged the pieces to form a dragonfly. So I am sure with being able to create both I will get a lot of use out of this Sizzex die
Here is what I did.....
I cut the top layers in black and the back layers in a retired designer paper and glued each piece together. Even though this die comes with the atenae and a butterfly body, I hand cut a longer body and shaped it more dragonfly like. I lightly sprayed the dragon fly with some homemade gold shimmer mist ( I will share my recipes next week when I have more time). I glued all the pieces together.
Added some dollar store bling to the center. Here is the fun part....I pulled out the Diamond Glaze and covered all of the wings. This just makes them look like glass! Here is today's tip....... To prevent air bubbles and a lot of frustrations.....Never shake Diamond Glaze (this creates air bubbles). Before I use it, I always hold it upside down for a few minutes, just in case there are air bubbles in the bottle, allowing then to rise to the top of the bottle, instead of plopping onto your beautiful project. This sure beats fussing around with a pin trying to pop all the bubbles in your project! Yes,that was the voice of experience speaking! These are things I wish I would have been told when I first started playing with all these very cool toys!!
I popped my dragonfly up with dimensionals on a layer of Confetti Cream card stock that had been sponged with Tea Dye Distress Ink, and doodled around the edges with a black journaler. Added a sentiment, used some lace scraps in the corner and added bling.

Thanks for stopping by and have a most fabulous day!!!
Over & Out,
El

5 comments:

  1. this is gorgeous ellen, what a beautiful butterfly.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, love it

    Cheers
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can finally comment here, nice to be back..
    I think this card is fantastic! as I said on your SCS gallery!
    very cleaver to cut away parts of the butterfly and make it a dragonfly...
    keep em coming! I might have to try this!
    hugs
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hallelujah, sister. I just got this die and am dying to play with it (no pun intended). Your dragonfly is delicious and makes me want to run to my craft room to play! Thanks for sharing!

    Your sponging is divine and the bling just enough. Sweet as can be!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, now that I know this stunning creation may end up in my part of the continent ... you need to rest up and then get busy locating where this beauty got hidden after you made it. I can't wait to see it up close and personal. You are a total rock starette! I see dragonfly cards looming in my future as I case this wonderful creation. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!