Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Wednesday, 1 June 2011

Graduation Time


Hello Everybody!
I made the above girly graduation card for one of the student teachers at the local elementary school that was graduating. I struggled with the tassel and in my opinion it doesn't look that great. Then a friend of mine asked me to make 20 graduation invitations for her son. I groaned at the thought of struggling to make 20 more tassels...then I found this video tutorial ~By Jackie Topa Her blog is called ~Addicted to Stamping ........





I cased her brilliant gown and switched to colors to the local high school colors. My friend was quite thrilled with her invitations. All I had was white or beige string and I wanted a gold or a yellow string. Here is today's tip...... If you don't have just that right color that you are looking for, pull out your COPIC markers and simply color it the color that you want. This has saved me a lot of money! I quite often color rhinestones and pearls as well to match my projects.
If you ever have any questions feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer your questions!

Thanks for stopping by today!
Over & Out,
El

Girly Grad Card
Stamps~ In a Word(SUP!)
Paper~ Retired Designer Paper, Black, White
Ink~ Pretty in Pink
Accessories~ Cuttle Bug Corner Die, White Thread, Black Satin Ribbon, Dimensionals, Black Embossing Powder, Versamark, Kaiser Bling, Sponge

School Colors Card
Stamps~ Introducing, Four Frames
Paper~ Daffodil Delight, White, Black, Garden Green
Ink~ Basic Black
Accessories~ Black & Green Marker, Piercing Tool,Daffodil Delighted 1/8" ribbon, Silver Brad (Colored with a |Black COPIC marker), White String (Colored with a Yellow COPIC marker, Piercing Tool, Black Hemp Twine, Dimensionals, Phot Corners Punch

2 comments:

  1. these cards are gorgeous ellen, beautiful made.

    thank you for your lovely comments.
    I hope you get ideas from my cards.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!