Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Thursday, 23 June 2011

Poppies and Peel Offs




Hello Everybody


Today's card was designed for Dolce Stamps and Cards  .  Betsy and Sandra over at  the  Dolce Stamps and Cards Blog...where you will find some fabulous blog candy!!, sent me the coolest stickers! These are not just any stickers, these are Elizabeth Craft Peel Off Stickers. These are vinyl stickers that are very versatile. I used a butterfly stickerthat started out as gold, however it didn't match with my card so I colored it with a black copic marker before I peeled it off with my tweezers. Once it was peeled off I stuck it to some stained glass holographic paper. You could use any kind of paper you wanted behind it. You could even use christmas holographic wrap that you can find at most dollar stores and have the same effect. I added a single rhinestone for the head. It was so quick and easy to make this unique embellishment! The photo doesn't do it justice!

Here are some other ideas that you could do with these stickers......

~Attach it to card stock and color it with.......
 markers
 chalks
 Diamond Glaze and reinkers
 Alcohol Inks
 Glitter

~You could stick it to vellum and turn it over and Dry Emboss with your stylus to create a dimensional look as well as a parchment look.

~You could attach it to card stock and apply Versamark and embossing powder over it, heat set it and the remove the sticker for a very cool masked look.

I am sure there are tons more ways to use these, but that is all my brain will share with me off the top of my head.

The image I used is Poppy Background by Hero Arts. I stamped it in versamark and embossed it with black embossing powder. I colored this with regular water based markers using 3 shades of pink and two greens. I first started by directly coloring the lightest shade on the poppies. Then coloring with the middle shade, not covering everything I had just colored. Blend with the lightest shade. Next, pick up the darkest color using the lightest marker,by touching tip to tip and and color in the darkest areas. Coloring with markers this way can give you a graduated blended look, much like copics. . My tip for coloring is to not push to hard when coloring. This will keep your markers is fabulous coloring condition as well as a smoother colored image.

Once my image was colored I cut it out with Circle Nestablities then popped it up on Spellbinders Floral Doily Motifs. This is the part you can all laugh at me for..... I get my Paper Doilies from the restaurant I go to for lunch with my girlfriends. The Waitress is kind enough to give me a stack every now and then. A good tip goes a long way sometimes. I added dollar store ribbon to the corners and some rhinestones. Finished it off with a white satin bow and a wee bit of glitter in the flower centers.

This card is also for the MMTPT151 Challenge  at Splitcoaststampers. I don't really have time for to many challenges right now, however this is run by a lady named  Cindy aka Mothermark who has a wicked silly sense of humor. The world is far to serious these days and not enough silly, lord knows I could use some silly!! This challenge has a purpose, every week all the cards go to someone that is need of a little sunshine and silliness!  This week the destination is Florida to a lady that lost her husband and is battling breast cancer. Check it out in the above link. Yes, I finally figured out how to make a link, not with out help! THANKS SO MUCH SANDRA!!!!!

Stamps~ Hero Arts-Poppy Backround
Paper~ Pink, Black, White, and Halographic
Ink~ Markers
Accessories~ Elizabeth Crafts-Peel Off Stickers, SpellbindersCircles and Foral Doily Motifs, Ek 3D Dots, Black Copic Marker, Versamark, Black Embossing Powder, Glitter, Ribbon, Paper Doily

Card Base~ 5-1/4 x 5-1/4
White Layer~ 5-1/8 x5-1/8
Black Layer~ 5x5

Have a most fabulous day! Each and every comment is so very appreciated!  Thanks for stopping by!
Over & Out,
El

6 comments:

  1. wow your card is very beautiful elly.
    love the color combo.
    and the color off the poppies are beautiful.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is wonderful! I've loved poppies forever but especially since I lived in Britian. When you combine it with the lace it really makes me homesick for my old stone home in Scotland.
    Thanks for the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS - Does Dolce stamps and cards have a real store or is it just online? I really like to visit stores if I can.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ellikins, this is GORGEOUS! What an utterly delightful creation and your tutorial to attempt to recreate it is much appreciated. You are such a wonderful teacher and you make it sound so simple to create such lovely cards. Ha, says I! But with my sincere thanks for your sharing this beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning, Ellen! Your poppies are so beautiful against the black and your butterfly is exquisite! Great ideas for these stickers, too. They are so much fun to play with.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!