Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Tuesday, 12 July 2011

Framed Iris


Hello Everybody!

Today's card was made with this beautiful stamp that I received from the girls over at Dolce called Iris Frame from My Heart Stamps for You. 
 

DON'T FORGET TO STOP BY Dolce and leave some comments on the Design Team's Cards for some chances for some awesome BLOG CANDY!



If you would like some awesome deals, stop by the Dolce Store .

I had distress inks for quite some time before I knew that it stays wet enough to emboss with. I stamped the image with Black Soot Distress Ink and embossed it with clear embossing powder. Colored the iris's with distress inks and a blender pen.  I love how the flower is out of the frame , so I cut it out and popped it up with some EK 3D Dots.
This card had some pop added to it by added some Jewel Tones Perfect Pearls to the flower Blossoms. The centers of the iris's were stamped again, cut out and paper pieced on, adding Scattered Straw Distress Stickles for more dimension. I also added some Diamond Glaze on the leave for the dew drop and sponged the background for some contrast. To finish it off I added some Crystal Sticker Pearls.

Card Ingredients
 
Stamps~ Iris Frame- My Heart Stamps for You

Ink~ Ranger's Distress Inks- Black Soot,Chipped Sapphire, Shabby Shutters, Pine Needles, Scattered Straw, Spiced Marmalade, Blender Pen

Paper~ White, Blue

Embellishments~ Perfect Pearls- Jewel Tones, Sizzix Dots Embossing Folder, Big Shot, Crystal Sticker Pearls, Inksenntials Blending Tool, Clear Embossing Powder, Ranger's Distress Stickles- Scattered Straw, EK Border Punch, Blue Gingham Ribbon, Judikin's Diamond Glaze, EK 3D Dots, Blender Pen

Wishing you all sunshine and flowers!
Over & out,
El

7 comments:

  1. wow ellen gorgeous iris and that color is fabulous.
    beautiful card.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellen, your work is gorgeous. I love your out of the frame creation and how you stamped those centers again and popped them up. Great details and such, a pretty punched border.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, Ellen! Thanks for commenting on my card at SCS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card,what a wonderful blog, love the iris flower coloring

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it the flower looks just picked.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so incredibly beautiful and I feel charmed that I was able to see it in person. As fabulous as your photograph is, it's 900x more gorgeous in real life. Wow, wow, wow! Gorgeous artwork, dearest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have this stamp and you have really done it justice!! How very beautiful!! Your supporting colors, die cut, ribbon and embossed paper really make it pop!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!