Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Saturday, 23 July 2011

JustRite Shaker Card


Hello Blog Land Friends!

Congratulations to Dodie Martin aka Camera Girl on SCS for winning last months very generous Dolce Blog Candy!!! All she had to do to win was go to the Dolce blog and leave some comments on the Design Team's Cards! So don't forget to stop by and check out the fabulous creations my talented team mates have been creating!

This month on the Dolce Blog is featuring JustRite Stamps I have a shaker card to share with you today made with the JustRite BirdHouses Stamp Set that I received from Sandra and Betsy over at Dolce Stamps and Cards.

I knew right away that I would want to make a shaker card with this birdhouse.
I had never used Justrite Stamps before. I love how interchangeable they are. I was thrilled, the Tag Making Kit came with the stamps and the Spellbinder tags!! This Shaker Card was such fun to make! I used the smallest Large Scallop Oval from Spellbinders as a cloud template and sponged the background with Ranger's Tumbled Glass Distress Ink   I made some hand rolled roses and sponged them with Ranger's Spun Sugar Distress Ink. The Birdhouse is colored with copics and is popped up for added dimension. I stamped the image again and cut the leaves out for the roses. Since I store my stamps with out their packaging, I used the plastic packaging to cut the window for the shaker card, using the Mega Ovals. Adding some bird seed  goodies in between the panels. For a little extra pizazz I added Stardust Stickles to the wings of the dragonfly and the centers of the roses. I quite enjoyed using these Justrite Stamps!!

Click here for some AWESOME DEALS at the Dolce Store.
Click here for the Dolce Blog.

Supplies~

Stamps~All stamps by JustRite~Happy Everything Tag Making Kit, Birdhouses

Ink~Memento Tuxedo Black, Memento Rich Cocoa, Rangers Distress Inks-Tumbled Glass and Spun Sugar, Copic Markers~Leaves-YG13,YG19~Wood-E31,E18,E29~Flowers-R85,Y11.Y19~Dragonfly-C1~House-C00,C1

Embellishments~ EK 3D Dots, Stardust Stickles, Sponge, Twine and Pink Ribbon, Bird Seed, Scrap Packaging (for the Window)
Tools~Sponge, Ribbon Slot Border Punch, EK 3D Dots, Spellbinders-Mega Ovals LG, Spellbinders-Big Scallop Ovals, EK 3/8" Ribbon Slot Border Punch,Scrap
Paper~ Earth Variety Paper Pack and Pastels Variety Paper Pack, White, and Wood Grain paper scraps

Have a fabulous day everybody!! Thanks for stopping by!
Over and Out ,
El

4 comments:

  1. beautiful birdhouse and card ellen.


    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful creation! Your framing of the beautiful image and ribbon treatment are outstanding! You have such beautiful creations! Wonderful blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For ABSOLUTELY gorgeous! WOW! Love your outstanding creation, ribbon treatment, shaker thing going on with such ingenuity using the packaging. HELLO! You are genius! LOVE IT!

    Hugs and love,

    M

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful! You have really inspired me with your roses too. I have the dies and need to do it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!