Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Wednesday, 10 August 2011

JustRite Bird House Note Book

Hello Everybody!
 It has been such a busy summer that I have not had much crafting or computer time. I did manage to find some time to do a little creating. Over at Dolce Stamps and Cards we are playing with JustRite Stamps this month. The Dolce  Girls have been cooking up some fabulously inspiring projects!! 

I love to alter things, especially practical things and since my memory has gone the wayside, I always keep a notebook in my purse. I can usually find some inexpensive ones at the dollar store to alter.
These JustRite Birdhouse Set were just the right size to embellish the front of a notebook! Very versatile stamps! I stamped the image in Black Stazon (so the ink won't run when I water color) and  water colored the image with marker, by scribbling on an acrylic block and picking up the ink with a water pen. I layered the image on a couple of complimentary Spellbinders Dies. I threaded some ribbon through the holes in the Lacey Oval. I cut my sentiment out the the Spellbinders die that comes in the JustRite Tag Making Set. Sponged everything in Memento Rich Cocoa, except the Green is sponged with Ranger's Pine Needles. I colored over the stars with a Sakura Glaze pen. This was finished off with some Kaiser Rhinestones. Whenever I create something that needs to be sturdy, I always use Score Tape. I find it is the best adhesive  to keep my projects together.

Stamps~ All Stamps byJustRite~ Birdhouses Set, Just Because Set, Tag Making Kit
Ink~ Stazon Black, Memento Rich Cocoa, Ranger's Distress Ink- Pine Needles, Markers
Embellishments~  Kaiser Rhinestones, White Ribbon, Sakura Glaze Pen, White Ribbon
Tools~ Spellbinders-Lacey Ovals, Labels Eighteen, Circles-, Score Tape, Sponge and a small note book

Click here to see what the Dolce Girls have been creating on the Dolce Blog
Click here to visit the Dolce Stamps and Cards Store, where there is some fab deals!

I hope you enjoyed today's project! Have a most fabulous day everybody!

Over and Out,
El

5 comments:

  1. beautiful birdhouse notebook ellen.
    great coloring.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! this couldn't be more beautiful. I love the nesties that you layerd to frame these sweet birdhouses... I might have to use you design!
    love everything as always gf! I haven't watercolored with the markers for a long time. I love the look!
    Hugs
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. One word. STUNNING! Love it, love it, love it! Your coloring is perfect, as usual and I just so appreciate that you provide recipes for your delightful creations. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty! Love your painted image and how you chose to embellish your background too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!