Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Tuesday, 2 August 2011

JustRite Christmas Birthday Card

Hello Everybody!

This card was designed for Dolce Stamps and Cards. This month we are featuring JustRite Stamps and I am really enjoying them!

This is a quick simple card to make! This image reminded me of Christmas and how I always scramble in December to make a birthday card for my friend who has a birthday right before Christmas. Now I won't be scrambling this year!!

I colored the image by scribbling with a marker on an acrylic block and picking up the ink with a blender Pen. I do this when I don't have all the colors in ink pads I want to use. I added Stardust stickles to the pine cones and some Xmas Red Stickles to the heart on the birdhouse and the berries. The circles were cut with Spellbinders Circles. The main image was popped up with some EK 3D Dots. Keeping this card very simple I only embossing one layer with the Sizzix Damask Embossing Folder and added some Nail Heads in the corners and 2 small red bows. It feels good to get ahead of the December cards!

Stop by The Dolce Blog and see what the rest of the Design Team has come up with.
Click Here to shop at Dolce Stamps and Cards.

SUPPLIES~~
Stamps~ JustRite Birdhouses
Ink~ Stazon Black, Markers
Embellishments~ Stickers 5mm Nail Heads, Stickles- Xmas Red, Stickles- Stardust, 1/8th Red Satin Ribbon, EK 3D Dots,
Tools~ Spellbinders Circles, Sizzix Tim Holtz Damask Embossing Folder, Blender Pen, Acrylic Block, Just Rite 3 1/4” dia wooden stamper
Paper~ The PaperCut Jellybean Green (Earth Variety Pack), White

Have a fabulous day everybody!
Over and Out,
El

5 comments:

  1. what a great and beautiful card ellen.
    the image is very sweet.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dahling, this is just what I'm talkin' bout. I love the Christmas theme. I would never have imagined creating a birthday card w/a Christmas theme. Spectacular. It's incredible. over and out. Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely a beauty! I love the bird house which you have colored so beautifully. I think I have about 20 Christmas cards left from last year..but I'm sure I'll want to make many more. They are my favorites to create.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now how clever is that? A Christmas b'day card. You go girl! This is utterly delightful and I know the recipient will be thrilled to get this special creation from you. Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a really pretty BD card! It's just right and not too Christmas either!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!