Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Tuesday, 23 August 2011

Spirit of the Wolf Brayering Tutorial



Happy Tuesday Everybody!


This month Dolce Stamps and Cards is featuring  Local Rubber King Stamps. I was already familiar with Local rubber King Stamps, even already had a few in my stash.  These are deeply etched Red Rubber Stamps and cling mount. LOVE THEM!

If you would like some of these fabulous stamps you can find these and many more at The Dolce Stamps and Cards Store.

Be sure and stop by The Dolce Stamps and Cards Blog and  see what the rest of the Dolce Design Team has come up with.  My Dolce Sisters are so incredibly talented!!!



This is a very easy card to do, especially for Beginner Brayers!  


Tittle: Spirit of the Wolf
Designer: Ellen Taylor
Keywords: Local Rubber King Stamps, Dolce
Category: Animals, Nature
Stamps: Local Rubber King Stamps~Wolves, Tree 3
Ink: Adirondack Denim and Cloudy Blue, Memento Tuxedo Black, Black Marker, Versamark, Stazon, Dove Gray
Embellishments: Brads
Tools: Heat Tool, Brayer, Silver Embossing Powder, Sponge, EK Success 3D Dots, Spellbinders Circles
Paper: Navy, Black, White, Silver Mirror Paper

I love to use my brayer! A quick way to make a card with amazing results!  Would you like to know how to make this card?
 
I thought so....I started by brayering Cloudy Blue ink 1/3 of the way down. To create the moon use a  Spellbinders circle die cut over the card stock to create a mask. Then brayer Denim ink over top of the circle. Remove the circle and stamp the wolf inside the moon in gray. Stamp the trees in black ( Twice on the left side and on the right side I just turned the same tree stamp  90 degrees and stamped it.) Stamp the silhouette wolves  where you would like the ground to be in black. I didn't here but sometimes  I want a taller tree and just extend the trunk  with a black marker. This type of inking is very forgiving~you just can't go wrong! Next using a pouncing motion, sponge black ink  from the bottom up to cover the feet of the wolves. To create grass just use your black marker and randomly flick upward with a light hand. Emboss the sentiment and pop the 2 top layers up with 3D dots. Add some brads in the  corner and you  are done. I sure hope you give it a try!

Hope my babble makes sense!!



Be sure and stop by The Dolce Stamps and Cards Blog and  see what the rest of the Dolce Design Team has come up with.  My Dolce Sisters are so incredibly talented!!!


Thanks for stopping by and have a most fabulous day!!

Over and Out,

Ellen




 

7 comments:

  1. this is just gorgeous ellen.
    what a beautiful scenery you have made.
    like the colors to and you wolf stamps

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning! Beautiful brayering job! I love the wolf image in the moon. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like WOW, girl! I know you and M took that brayering class exactly one year ago, but I think this is the first time I've seen you bring that skill to the table. This is exceptional, Ellen. I'm just overwhelmed with your talent.
    Fabulous, dah-ling. Over and Out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Simply Gorgeous! My brother would love this! Hugs, J

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing talent! So artistic. The silhouette wolf is gorgeous. Wow factor for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Silly girl, this is NOT for a less experienced artist or brayer artisan. It's for stamper/artists like yourself. Your skills are beyond compare, my friend. Anne Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! You should join a scenic group.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!