Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Tuesday, 6 September 2011

Impression Obsession Birthday Challenge


Hello Friends!

 I had the pleasure of visiting Dolce Stamps and Cards over the summer. I discovered  Impression Obsession Stamps. This is hands down my new favorite stamps company!  I fell in love with their images, and they had my favorite........deeply etched red rubber. My suitcase came home heavier than when I left and it was mostly Impression Obsession Stamps.  When I arrived home (after a lot of catch up sleep), I checked out their Blog and discovered they were having a birthday challenge and decided to play along.

When I was in Seattle my sweet friend Judy, the Queen of Colored Pencils, a true artist, gave me a quick lesson in colored pencils. Thanks Judy!! I blew the dust off mine and colored this sweet image called Cupcake Kisses~C8441. I quickly discovered I probably will never need to buy another christmas stamps but had no birthday sentiments. I will have to put them on my christmas wish list!!

Both of the layers of white cardstock has been sponged with Adirondack Stonewashed ink. The image is popped up on a Spellbinders Labels 19 and then on Spellbinders Beaded Squares. The largest white panel has been embossed with Sizzex Layered Circles and the bottom edge punched with EK Success Swiss Cheese. I added some Kaiser Rhinestones to the holes in the punching , the ribbon and the beaded square. I used a Quickie glue pen for a thin border line of glitter around the Labels 19. This paper looks black in the photo but is actually a beautiful Metallic Blue. Once I figure out how to properly run a computer and blog......then I will attempt to conquer photography (it will be a long time before I get to that!~LOL).

Stamps~Impression Obsession-Cupcake Kisses C8441

Paper~Curious Metallics, Classic Crest

Ink~ Memento-Tuxedo Black, Adirondack-Stonewashed

Accessories~Prisma Colored Pencils, Oderless Turpentine, Blending Stump,Kaiser Rhinestones, Sponge, EK Success 3D Dots, Spellbinders-|Labels 19- Beaded Squares,Sizzex Embossing Folders-Layered Circles-Dots, White Ribbon (from Joanne's)-Blue Ribbon (from Micheal's), EK Success Swiss Dots Edger Punch, Glitter.


Hope you like today's card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!!

Over and Out,
El

5 comments:

  1. what a delicious cupcake ellen, it's a great card.
    beautiful design.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Ellen, what a really feminine and beautiful card! Thank you for playing and good luck in the drawing too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ellen, You won in the drawing. I tried to send you the email I send everyone who plays and then I also sent you a gift certificate. Both emails were returned to me as undeliverable. I will need a correct email to send your certificate. My email is on the IO site in the second column over and says "Email Shirley". Congratulations, Ellen!! I can hold the certificate for 24 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is scrumptious! Congrats on winning the IO Birthday Challenge ... you go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just checked out all of the cards for the b'day challenge over at IO. Of course you won! Yours was the best. Random, schmandom! Yours was the BEST!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!