Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Thursday, 6 October 2011

Dolce Stamps and Cards Challenge



Hello Stampers!

I have been away from home for almost a whole month and am so glad to be back and stamping again!!   Congratulations to the very talented Wanda Cullen for winning the very first Dolce Stamps and Cards Challenge !!  This month we are featuring Impression Obsession stamps. I challenged everybody to make a card using fall colors.  Yes, I am late for my own challenge, due to some family matters,  however you still have 4 days left to enter and would love to see what you come up with!!!

This weeks keywords are DSAC02 for your public galleries and or blogs and don't forget if you use an Impression Obsession image on your card you'll get a second entry into the prize drawing. Be sure and check the side bar on the Dolce Blog for all the rules.

Here is what I created for the challenge....





I was inspired by the colors of the changing maple leaves. I love the oranges, greens and reds of the fall. I knew I would have to use this gorgeous BUTTERFLY GROUP-F8123 by  Impression Obsession (My new favorite stamp line).  I colored by butterflies with Cream, Spanish Orange, and Crimson Red Prisma Colored Pencils and Gamsol. Thanks to my fellow Design Team Member Judy aka Jaydekay (best dang colorer I know!) for the colored Pencil lesson!!


The flower is a Color Me Crazy Floral embellishment. I sponged Memento Dandilion Ink in the center and added a Kaiser Rhinestone. The flower was sponged lightly with Memento Potter's Clay Ink.  I added  a couple of Foilage Spellbinders and the orange sprigs are the EK Success English Ivy border punch. I used the part that most people throw away after punching a border.  This gorgeous paper is  Authentique's Blissful Collection sponged with Memento Potter's Clay. I even sponged the Hero Arts Self Adhesive Lace with it.

I stamped the butterflies twice so I could add some dimension and added some Ranger's Inksenntials Crackle Accents. I really like this on butterfly wings!

I fussy cut the second image out with my Judikin's detail scissors popped up the wings in different spots to make it look as though they were in flight.


Here is a list of  my Supplies....

Stamps~Impression Obsession -Butterfly Group~F8123

Paper~Authentique-Blissful Collection, Anna Griffith, Black, Green, White

Ink~Antique Linen Distress ink, Memento~Tuxedo Black, Cottage Ivy, Dandilion. Potter's Clay

Accessories~Spellbinder's-Labels 18-Labels 20,Foilage,Colr Me Crazy Floral Embellishments, EK Success English Ivy Border Punch, Ek Success 3D Dots, Kaiser  Rhinestones, Hero Arts Self Adhesive Lace, Inksentialls Blending Tool, Inksentials Crackle Accents, Prisma Colored Pencils and Gamsol.

Check out  the rest of the Uber Talented Dolce Design Team.........

Charlene

Cindy

Judy

Heather

Edna

Tara

Hope to see a creation by you!

Thanks for stopping by and have a most fabulous day everybody!!

Over and Out,
El








11 comments:

  1. hi ellen, great that you are back.
    your card is gorgeous, the butterflies are looking so real and the colors are stunning.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Ellen
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, Ellen, this is gorgeous!!! I need to head over the Impression Obsession right now. Those butterflies are elegant. Of course, it helps that you've colored them so well! ~Hugs, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow; this is gorgeous! i have that stamp and usually use pastel colours, but i love the fall colours you used.
    linda aka snail

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those butterflies are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sheer elegance! What a truly gorgeous card, Ellen. I love every detail. For some reason your Followers have disappeared. Go here and see if this helps get them back:
    http://cardartetc.blogspot.com/2011/06/case-of-missing-followers-and-how.html

    I am not sure if I follow you or not and would like to if not. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is gorgeous. I just love those butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty, love the butterflys and the colors you used. the stacked matting is so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  10. I sure thought I had commented on this beauty. Maybe it was on SCS. Anyway, it is spectacular. Love the crackle on the butterflies. It is a most beautiful card. Glad to see you return.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These Butterflies have come to life with your coloring! Awesome creation my friend!
    I think you have amazing talent!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!