Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Thursday, 27 October 2011

Fall Leaf Tutorial and Dolce Challenge



Hello Everybody!

It's time for another Dolce Stamps and Cards Challenge!  This weeks challenge is brought to you by Judy aka jadekay.  She is challenging everyone to make a square card using at least one die cut on our card.   I sure hope you play along with us for some fun and a chance to win.
The winner of the challenge will receive a $10.00 gift certificate to the Dolce Stamps and Cards online store which is full of all kinds of awesome stamping goodies.
In addition to the $10.00 gift certificate, the winner will receive an "I Won A Dolce Stamps And Cards Challenge" badge and their card will be featured during the announcement of the following challenge for all to see....




Be sure a check out the  uber talented design teams creations and leave them some love by leaving a comment for them........

On to how I made my card....

I started with this sweet image from ART IMPRESSIONS, from the GOLDEN OLDIES  series called FRED & MILLIE. I  stamped it it Memento Tuxedo Black on Classic Crest Paper and colored it with Copics and then layered it on a Spellbinders Rectangle. I sponged the edges with Rangers Distress Inks, Antique Linen and Vintage Photo. All white pieces of this card is sponged in the same way.

I layered it on a Spellbinders Labels 15 and sponged it the same as the image and ser it aside.

For the card base I started with some brown cardstock and layered a sponged white squzre 1/8 of an inch smaller than the base. The next layer is a dark green cardstock that was stamped using the Impression Obsession Cover a Card~Maple Leaves in Versamark and clear embossed. I sponged the edges in Memento Cottage Ivy. 
For the band across I punched the edge of some brown cardstock with Ek Success's Engish Ivy Punch. I layered a white piece and sponged the edges. I wrapped some brown satin ribbon and some linen thread around it.  Adher eall your layers together..

Time to make some leaves. Here is how to make them. Sorry for the bad photos, it's pretty hard to take the photos yourself in the middle of the night, and after a glass of wine~LOL

I stamped the IO Maple Leaves in Tuxedo Memento Black. Starting with the lightest color sponge some yellow green and red ink random spots over the leaves.  I used Memento Cantelope, Cottage Ivy and Lady Bug Red.







                                                    Cut out your leaves.


                                           Apply Versamark directly to the leaves.


                                      
                                   Cover with Clear Embossing powder~Be Creative Tweezers  help!  I threw out all of my other crafting tweezers after finding these amazing tweezers!!



                    Heat Emboss them and you are done making leaves. I love how the color becomes more intense when embossed!


Then I arranged the leaves to frame my image, popping some up with EK Success 3D Dots. The tag with the is from the JustRite Happy Every Thing Mini Tag Making Kit   It was finished it of with a small linen thread bow and voila.... done.  

Copics used~
Bench~E30, E31, E34, E57
Jeans~B21, B23
Fred's Jacket~G99, G94, G85
           Hat and Scarf~R35, R37, R39
           Shoes & Gloves~E15, E17, E18
Millies's Boots,Purse, Scarf~BV01, BV02, BV4
            Jacket~YR02, YR04, YR07


Thanks for stopping by and have a most fabulous day!

Over and Out,
Ellen


10 comments:

  1. Hi Ellen,, this is how I color my leaves too, that way they always match your color theme for the card! Awesome my friend... love that you made them glossy!
    look at this perfectly colored couple.. don't they look happy! what a fun image!
    your card is rich and elegant!
    I love everything!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your leaves are beautiful, Ellen, and I adore this darling couple. They look like they are still in love after so many years. I also like how you looped your linen thread. A fun and beautiful Thanksgiving card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow ellen what a fabulous card and so colorful.
    the image is very adorable and the leaves are looking great.
    great idea with the embossing.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful fall creation! Those leaves are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a sweet card! I love the stamped image. Thanks for the leaf tutorial. I've tried several times to color leaves, but never thought to emboss them afterward.

    ReplyDelete
  6. El dahling, thanks for this great photo tutorial. Even though you make it sound easy, it's something I could never do. Really, I couldnt. I prefer to leave all the hard stuff to you. Your care is remarkable. I dont know how you do what you do, but I sure do love to look at it. Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous leaves and adorable card.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Ellen, I almost missed this one! I love the colors, what a great technique with the leaves, and that couple and the card are priceless!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ой, как понравилось создание листочков на открыточку, они великолепны!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!