Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Thursday, 20 October 2011

IO Purple Challenge

 Hello Stampers!





Today I have a fun and colorful card to share with you.  You might have heard me say that Impression Obsession is my new favorite stamp line. So, when I received these fab Impression Obsession Stamps  from Dolce Stamps and Cards I couldn't wait to show them some ink.



This card has lots of color and dimension.  I will be entering it in the Impression Obsession Purple Challenge. Thanks to my friend Emily for pointing out the IO challenges and encouraging me to enter my cards!!






~I stamped this  gorgeous Goldfish-F2328 in Memento Tuxedo Black and colored it with Prisma Colored Pencils and Gamsol.   I went over it with a Versamarker Pen and fussy cut it out. I don't recommend doing this after a glass of wine~LOL. Set it aside.

~Using a Mega Mount Block, I stamped the Cover a Card- Bubbles-CC026 in Versamark and Clear embossed it. I love the Mega Mount....I get a clear impression EVERY TIME!!  Then sponged Adirondack Aqua Ink over the bubbles for a very subltle background and set it aside.

~ I created a window using a Spellbinders Labels 8 out of a dark purple layer.  Save the Labels 8 for a future project.


~I hand cut some ocean grass out of green scraps and punched some leaves. Sponged the greenery with Memento Cottage Ivy Ink and adhered the with score tape at the back side of the window.

~I punched a border  using Scalloped Scallops EK Success Border punch a fancy doo-dad from Spellbinders Parisian Accents  and sponged them with Adirondack Eggplant.

~I sponged a tag from Spellbinders Ribbon Trio with Memento Lavender and Adirondack Aqua. Stamped Best Fishes- A5450 and threaded some turqouise  ribbon through it and popped up the tag with 3D Dots.

~I used 3D Dots all arount the back side of the purple panel and layered it on the white bubble panel.

~ I took the Golfish and glued some parts down and popped parts of him up trying to make it look like he is swimming out of the grasses.

~I addes some Rain Dots for air bubbles and some Pearls to finish it off.

~Supplies
~Stamps~All Impression Obsession...Best Fishes-A5450, Goldfish-F2328, C-A-C Bubbles-CC026
~Ink~Memento Tuxedo Black-Lavender-Cottage Ivy, Adirondack-Aqua-Eggplant, Versamarker
~Paper~Dark and Light Purple, White, Green
~Accessories~Mega Mount Stamping Block, Clear Embossing Powder, Sponge, Spellbinders-Labels 8-Parisian Accents-Ribbon Tag Trio, Prisma Colored Pencils, Gamsol, Turqoise Ribbon, EK Success 3D Dots, Rain Dots, Kaiser Pearls, EK Success Scalloped Scallop Border Punch, MS Leaves Punch


Thanks for Stopping by ! Wishing you all a most fabulous day!!!

Over and Out,
Ellen



10 comments:

  1. I love this beautiful card, Ellen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh, Ellen, this is just gorgeous!! I have that stamp and love what you did with it! How very beautiful! Thanks for playing and good luck in the drawing too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow ellen this is gorgeous, love the colors.
    stunning card.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ellen, this is StuNNIng!!!!!!! Your colouring is beautiful!!!! WOW!!!! Thanks for playing with us at IO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. BEAUTIFULLY done! Love the fishy bubbles :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! WOW! WOW! Ellen, this is over the top GORGEOUS my friend! the colors are very striking and eye catching as is your fab design!
    I love every little detail!
    IO have some amazing images, thats for sure.. and brought to life by your talent, what could be better!
    hugs
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cant believe how beautiful this is! Your coloring is spectacular, but it's the sweet design that capture's my attention. You're too cool for school. Over and out. Anne Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful work of art you created! Such a beautiful fish with the bubbles behind it and the dimension of all of the 'seaweed'. Really wonderful! Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!