Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Tuesday, 8 November 2011

Extra Layer Spellbinder Tutorial and IO Snow Family






Hello Friends!

Today's card was made for the Impression Obsession Snow Much Fun Challenge
They are challenging you to make a card reflecting what you like to do on a Snow Day.  I chose to use this Super Adorable stamp called Snow Family-#J6183 . I received this stamp from Dolce stamps and Cards  where they have a fantasic variety of Impression Obsession Stamps...Did I mention it was my favorite Stamp Line? I love their Snowmen Stamps!!  I kept the card rather simple to showcase this fantastic image.


~I stamped the Snow Family in Tuxedo Memento Black and colored it with Copics.

How to make the extra mat......
~Cut out your image with the largest die from Spellbinders Labels Fifteen.  I wanted to mat the image on a larger mat the same shape and didn't have one.  So this is how you get more bang for your buck with your Spellbinders dies......it's like getting twice as many dies in one package this way.....



 
Trace around the outside of the die , using the back of your card stock. I moved the die over a tad so you can see the lines.

Cut it out.


Adhere image over mat. I popped it up with Ek 3D Dots.






Easy Peasy eh!


~I used white card stock and embossed a square with Sizzix Tim Holtz Swirls Embossing folder and cut it in half diagonally.

~Cut a square of  Silver Mirror paper and cut it diagonally as well.

~Adhere the two triangles over a square piece of card stock the same size square.  Use the left over triangles for another card.

~Attach 3 stands of siver ribbon over this piece of cardstock and pop it up over the card base.

~Pop your image up with 3D Dots.

~Punched 2 EK Success Garland Punch, one in white and one in silver. Attach together with 3D Dots and add 1 Silver CARD CANDY in the center,

Very simple card to make!

Supplies~
Stamps~Snow Family by Impression Obsession-J6183
Paper~Classic Crest-Solar White, Silver Mirror Paper
Ink~Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics
Accessories~Spellbinders Labels 15, EK Success Garland Punch, Sizzix Swirls Embossing Folder, EK Success 3D Dots, Silver Ribbon, Inksentials White Gel pen.

Thanks for stopping by and have a most fabulous day!
Over and Out,
El






9 comments:

  1. Hello Ellen, Love your card creation and thanks for the tip on making mats for the spellbinder shapes. I'm wondering why I never thought of doing that ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Ellen, your card is just so elegant and beautiful! I love every thing your did with your BG and the beautiful instructions for your sliver frame too! Thank you for playing and good luck in the drawing too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I could type and even better, that I could proof what I type before posting. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet card, the image is so cute and your coloring is beautiful. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my word! This is just a gorgeous card~! WOW! Thanks for playing with us at IO~

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow what a sweet image and very beautiful card ellen.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great card. Thanks for the tip

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eh ... that's brilliant! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Какие славные снеговички, очень оригинальная открытка!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!