Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Wednesday, 9 November 2011

Make Your Own Designer Paper Dolce Challenge


Hello Friends!

It's time for another Dolce Stamps and Cards Design Team Challenge!   This weeks challenge is brought to you by Charlene.  

She has challenged us ....... to make your own designer paper....... you must use at least part of your featured stamp but can use the whole thing too.  The keyword is DSAC05, when uploading to your blog or online gallery.   Be sure and read the challenge rules on the left side bar on the Dolce Stamps amd Cards Blog for a chance to win a $10.00 gift certificate to the Dolce Stamps and Cards Online Store, where you  can find all sorts of well priced stampin' goodies!  As well as this fab badge for your blog......



        

I used the Faux Silk technique to make my paper.

~I stamped this adorable Snow Baby from Impression Obsession on tissue paper with Memento Tuxedo Black 

~Crinkled the tissue up into a ball and smoothed it out, leaving small wrinkles in it.

~Carefully layed it over a piece of card stock that had be covered with a sheet of Scoretape.


~Trimmed the edges and colored with Copics ! EASY Peasy


~ For the outside edge of my homade paper I used the EK Success Snowflake Border Punch......the Punch Junk that is... the part normal people throw in the garbage and glued it around the edges.


For my main image.....

~I stamped the Snow Baby in the Snow Globe (both from Impression obsession) and colored it with Copics.


~ I added a snowflake to the base and Elizabeth Craft Glitter Ritz to the to inside of the snow globe and and covered it with a thick coat of Judikin's Diamond Glaze.




~I layered a Spellbinders Label 16 and Floral Doily motifs, that had been sponged with Memento Summer Sky and Danube Blue  Wrapped silver elastic cord around them and added Kaiser Rhinestones.  Popped my image up on Ek Success 3D Dots. 




 I would love to see what you come up with!!!  Stop by the rest of the rest of the Dolce Design team and see what luscious paper creations they have come up with.....and don't forget to leave them some comment love.


Charlene
Cindy
Edna
Heather
Judy
Tara 



Thanks so much for stopping by and have the most fabulous day!!!
Over and Out,

El


Supplies~

Stamps~Impression Obsession-~Snow Baby-C8291~Snow Globe-F6180
Ink~Memento~Tuxedo Black-Summer Sky-Blue Danube, Copics.
Paper~ Classic Crest, Blue, White Tissue Paper
Accessories~ Glitter Ritz, Spellbinders-Label16 and Floral Doily Motifs, Kaiser Rhinestones, Ek Success~Snowflake Border Punch-3D Dots, ScoreTape, Silver Elastic Cord, White Ribbon, Judikin's Diamond Glaze, Sponge, Inksentials White Gel pen

15 comments:

  1. Wow another beautiful card ! I love all the layers and techniques ! Your colouring is beautiful ! I notice on your IO challenge card that the hats look 'real' your colouring is so 'perfect' ! Or are those hats real ? Thanks for stopping in at my blog ! Have a great day !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card.I love to see stamps used to makebackground paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ellen
    You made an amazing card..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ellen, this is a stunning, beautiful snowman card!!! I love your faux silk, how you used the adorable snowman on your background, and your amazing coloring. The blue is so vibrant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. El dahling, your card is extraordinary. Give you some time and who knows where your creativity will take you. You are such a gifted stamper, my friend. Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Ellen, this is just adorable and pretty too! I immediately recognized the stamps! What a great project and beautiful card!!! Love all of your detail!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is very cute and beautiful ellen.
    love the color you used and that you have bringing the image back in your background.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you do really beautiful work! I've spent some time going through some of your blog posts and your cards are simply beautiful. I plan on coming back for more! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your pretty snow globe image and the cute little snowman bg stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are such an amazing and talented lady. Super cut love the snowman and globe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So I really can spell just not type it super CUTE

    ReplyDelete
  12. My goodness! This is absolutely gorgeous. WOW

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can back to see if you've uploaded anything new, so I had a chance to take another long look at this card, El dahling. Wow, you can certainly tell you've been copic certified. Your copic coloring is just fabulous. you are so darn talented. When does the next class start. Put my name on the top, will you please. Have a great week. Sounds like you and your daughter are fast and furiously getting involved all over again this year. Anne

    ReplyDelete
  14. El, darling, let me ask you this? How the heck would you not have won the dulce challenge with a creation like this? I mean really.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!