Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Monday, 19 December 2011

Dried Pink Hydrangeas Challenge Card


Hi Everybody!
 
 Todays card was made for Impression Obsession's Pink Challenge, which is to make a pink card using only Impression Obsession's stamps. This also fits the Dolce Stamps and Cards Get Your Shine on Challenge.  Which is to use metallics or shine.

I stamped the Dried Hydrangeas-L6001 in Memento Tuxedo Black.  I outlined the image with BGoooo first. I think most people do that last, however I seem to always ruin my work by pulling color from the image and making a mess if I do it after I colored everything else. All of the greenery was colored with YG61,YG63 and YG67. The flower petals were colored with R81,R83 and R85. I used 0 the colorless blender to soften some of the harsh lines.  This stamp is such fun to color! Coloring is not my forte so I love a stamp that shows you where to put the shadows.  This is one of those stamps that really help Copic newbies like me!  I stamped one of the sentiments from the Real Life Sentiments set. Lots of fun sentiments in that set.

 I added some cuttlebug corners and some Kaiser pearls, popped it up with Ek Success 3d Dots. The border punch is Scalloped Scallops by Ek Success. Hydrangeas remind me of simpler times gone by so that called for a touch of gingham ribbon.




 To finish it off I added a touch of glitter to the centers.  This is the first year ever that I didn't get all of my own christmas cards done. In light of that I am getting a jump on birthday cards, just in case life gets in the way!

 Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Wishing you and yours all the joys of christmas!!

Ellen

Supplies:

Stamps~
All by Impression Obsession
Dried Hydrangea-L6001, Real Life Sentiments-WP301

Paper~
Bubblegum pink, Classic Crest SolarWhite, Black

Ink~
Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics- YG61, YG63, YG67, R81, R83, R85, BG0000, 0.

Accessories~
Ek 3D Dots, Ek Success Scalloped Scallops Border Punch, Pink Gingham Ribbon, Cuttlebug Corners Die, Glitter, Kaiser Pearls

4 comments:

  1. Hi Ellen, This is absolutely lovely! I really like what you did with the centers of the flowers. The colors are wonderful and the corner treatment is so pretty too! Thank you for playing and good luck in the drawing too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is veru beautiful ellen.
    great coloring and love the little glitter.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ellen, I love your card ! Colouring is not your forte? I'm always impressed with your colouring, it's beautiful ! Love black with pink, and the extra touches with your borders & layers ! Have a great Christmas !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowzers! Is this Ever Gorgeous! Love your Wonderful coloring on this lovely image!

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!