Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Wednesday, 7 December 2011

Glitter Ritz Masking Pictorial

Hi Everybody!
 It's time for another Dolce Stamps and Cards Challenge!  This weeks challenge is brought to you by Tara, who is challenging everybody to make a card or project using a little shine.  Think metallics.  Your shine  could be paper, embossing powder, glitter or an embellishment. We would love it if you played along!  Just upload to your blog or online gallery using the keywords DSAC07.  If you play along you get a chance at some free stampin' goodies from the Dolce Online Store as well as a blog badge. You can find all the details on the Dolce Blog.


I used Elizabeth Craft Jewel Glitter Ritz as my metallic shine.  Thought I would share in pictures how to create this glittery ornament.......


Peel the backing off of a sheet of Scor-Sheet.



Cut a piece of card stock the same size as your Scor-Sheet and attach to the sticky side.



Die cut an ornament out of your card stock/Scor-Sheet.




Peel the backing off of your ornament. I always save this part to make masks.




Create masks by punching out some flowers and cutting the top off of the backing to create a cap for the ornament.




Arrange your masks over the sticky part of the ornament.




Pour some grasshopper green glitter over the ornament. Tip~make sure you have a piece of copy paper under your ornament. This makes it easy to pour the unused glitter back into the bottle.




Burnish the glitter in well.  Do this by rubbing in a circular motion with your finger. You will get glitter under your fingernails.  It's okay it washes off easy!




Brush the excess glitter off well and pour it back into the bottle.




Peel off the flower masks. Save the for another time.




Punch out some small circles  from the backing for a mask and place them in the flower centers. I used the biggest hole on the Cropodile to punch out my circles .




Pour some Fire Red glitter over to and burnish in.




Brush this off well and pour the excess back into the bottle.




Remove the flower centers and the ornament cap.




Pour some Dark Gold glitter over the ornament. Burnish it well and brush it off.  Return the excess glitter to the bottle.



 Embellish as desired!

Be sure and stop by and see what my Dolce Sisters have created and leave them some sweet comments.......
Charlene
Cindy
Edna
Heather
Judy
Tara

Supplies:
Stamps~None
Paper~Gold Mirror Paper, White, Red
Ink~None
Accessories~Elizabeth Craft Jewel Glitter Ritz-Grasshopper-fire Red-Dark Gold, Paint Brush, Spellbinders Heirloom Ornament die, Scor-Sheet, Sizzex Flourish #10, Sizzex Triad Embossing Folder, EK Success Flower Punch, Cropodile, Corner Rounder, Gold Organza Ribbon and Lace, Ek Success 3D Dots, Tweezers.

Hope to see your shiny creations on the Dolce blog!  Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!!

Ellen

17 comments:

  1. Ooh, Ellen....this ornament is fabulous. I LOVE Christmas ornaments and I love collecting ornaments for my tree, although I think I have more than enough now.

    Thanks for the wonderful tutorial....now, if I can just find time to work with it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellen, I love your gorgeous ornament! Thanks for the tutorial...will be trying that...but it may have to be next year! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Magnificent tutorial, Ellen, and gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what an awesome tutorial and what a really elegant card!! A real work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow ellen this is beautiful made and what a glittering.
    gorgeous ornament and card.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ellen, Your ornament is gorgeous and the tutorial is excellent ! Cheers !

    ReplyDelete
  7. A ton of masking but the end result is magnificent!! Love this ornament card!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omgosh!! how fantastic my creative friend! I just knew you were the girl for online tutorials... this is wonderful!
    Will be watching for what else you have up your sleeve!
    The holidays are coming up so FAST~~ are we all ready... NOT:)
    but I say bring- em on anyway..
    hugs to you
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, WOW!! That sparkly ornament is amazing. Thanks for all the direx!! Completely genius. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool masking tech! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ellen ... you've done it again! What a succinct yet detailed tutorial you've brought to us. Thank you. Love your ornament card ... such a sparkling wonderful creation!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Arent you just something else altogether...and with a tutorial no less. Girl, you make me look like a wannaB crafter when Isee what you come up! what an amazing tutorial, not to mentin the card. Holy Smokes, El dahling, this is totally outside the box for many of us. Merry christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. tres beau bravo ma belle j aime bises
    mis ton lien sur mon blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous Ornament! Wow! And thanks so much for the How to's 8-) I am going to have to give this a try sometime! 8-)

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  15. Эллен, спасибо за такой великолепный мастер-класс по созданию шикарной новогодней открытки!!!! Новый Год не за горами, очень пригодится!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!