Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Wednesday, 21 December 2011

Gratitude, Kids, Cards and Amazing Women

Today's post  is all about gratitude for the amazing Crafting Community out there! Usually I try to keep my blog straight paper crafting and nothing personal. This is an exception as some very kind and generous people really need to be acknowledged.!!  I want to share some projects that the grades 5, 6 and 7's did in my paper crafting class.  You see I had a family emergency that put me 2 and a half months behind in my work.  Paper Crafting class is twice a week, that is  a lot of projects and a lot of kids!! and I like to challenge their abilities and try to do more advanced things with them.
I was feeling extremely overwhelmed and my mojo was nowhere to be found.

 I never ask for help, so when help was arriving in my mailbox and on my doorstep I was thoroughly thrilled and  surprised and ever so grateful!!  I always try to put my own spin on a project so I will show you what was sent and then what we did with them.

First up is projects sent by the Divine Miss Emily aka Stamp Muse
 I did not get a picture  of the first project she sent me....my bad, but the kids loved it!  Here is her second project.....

This is the project that was sent with the card stock all cut and designed!  Emily knows that because of the size of the class one set of stamps is never enough. I already owned the Impression Obsession Cover a Card Clouds and Treeline stamps as well as the Mega Mount Block. She had sent duplicates and a second block so I could do this in the class! WOW!! The kids did excellent with the Mega Mount!

I think the fall card is beautiful but this term we are concentrating on winter/christmas projects so I redesigned it  and this is what I came up with for the kids to make with this .  I liked this card so much I cut more and made it my christmas card this year!


Card made by Cassie grade 5
 We stamped the CAC-Clouds in Adrirondack Stonewashed ink and sponged the edges with Memento Danube Blue ink.  Next we mixed glitter with silver embossing powder to do the CAC-Tree Line.

The sparkle doesn't show very well in the pictures but it is very sparkly.


Next the IO sentiment-C5175 was stamped through the window in Adirondack Espresso ink. Added an Ek Success Snowflake in Silver Mirror Paper with a rhinestone and a ribbon.  Cassie had a lot of fun making this card, she especially loved using the Mega Mount block.  I want to thank Cassie and Rebekka for making these cards to send for thank you cards!  I had no shortage of kids to volunteer to make the thank you cards!

Here is Emily third, yes I said third project...........

Emily's Sizzix Gift Card Holder Front
Emily's Sizzix Gift Card Holder Inside
Emily donated the Gift Card Holder Die and The Sizzix Holly/Flourish Die and her brilliant idea!

This is what I changed it to for the kids to make...........
My Gift Card Holder Front, inspired by Emily

My Gift Card Holder Inside Inspired by Emily
 We cut out the gift card holder in green and embossed it with Sizzix Snowflake embossing folders.  Sponged Memento Bamboo leaves around the edges. We used a Spellbinders to emboss our Impression Obsession-Happy Christmas sentiment in gold.  It was purchased from Dolce Stamps and Cards. We decorated it with the Holly/Flourish Sizzix Die and an Martha Stewart Reindeer Punch.  Instead of using these for regular gift cards the kids had to come up with gift from the heart to write down on the insert for the recipient.  Some of the gifts I read were......I will give you Mom 15 foot massages, Clean your car 5 times, do the dishes without being asked and the one that got me the most was one of the boys was going to give his gift to an elderly neighbor it said...my christmas gift to you Mrs BLANK is this winter you don't have to worry about shovelling snow all winter, I will do it for you!!   I wish I would have had time to peek over all their shoulders. ( Yes kids,  I snooped~LOL) Aren't these kids fabulous!!!!! Thanks so much Emily for this wonderful project!!!

Next up is the Fabulous Diane FischerI Luv 2 Scrap blog. Diane is my sweet friend that always raises the bar for me. She has mega talent and is the number 2 in sales for Close to my Heart.  Diane cut all the pieces for these cups and dropped them off at my house. We were going to make these into message cards but the kids asked if they could do hot chocolate holders with them so that is what we did. The kids loved your cups girl! Thanks!!

Hot Chocolate Outside
Hot Chocolate Inside


We used Scor-tapes and added Glitter Ritz Micro fine Glitter to the biggest red stripes on the designer paper. Sponged the cup with Memento Desert Sand and Rich Cocoa.  I think the sentiment is from an old Stampin' up set. The Hot Chocolate was put in a cello bag , folded over and Scor-taped shut. To finish of the inside we used a Sizzix Tim Holtz Styled Label and folded it over and added  a snowflake and rhinestone.

The measurements for this Hot Chocolate/Candy Cane Holder are........

Cut a piece of card stock 3-3/4" x 6-1/4"
Score at 2-3/4" and 3-1/2"

Measure 1/2" from the top and the bottom and cut between the score lines  to accommodate the candy cane.  Easy Peasy Project!!

Next up I want to thank the most marvellous  Betsy Maguire of Seattle,WA for donating 50 stamp pads and a whole set of markers!!! You Rock girl! They sure are coming in handy and speeding things up with so many kids!!  Hopefully I will see you next summer!!

I  also want to thank my neighbor Dodie Martin aka camera girl on SCS. She has been there helping me cut, package kits, haul stuff to and from school as well as demonstrate at the same time as me and working with the kids.  You are a complete inspiration to me!

Next is a project that I found the tutorial on  in 2007 and can't find the link anywhere but I do know there are some videos on You Tube. The kids always love to do origami and I make sure every term we do at least one project using it.

 
Oragami Tree made by Logan grade 6I


I want to thank Logan grade 6 and Camryn grade 5  for making the extra origami tree cards to mail out for thank you cards!!
We used this beautiful Graphic 45  to make our trees. This is a wonderful quality of paper!


 This is a card that Annika from my drama club in grade 4 made for me with crayons and an iron.  Isn't this amazing and creative!!!
made by Annika grade 4



These next two cards I received from Rebekka in grade 7.  She has an eye for colour and design!  
made by Rebekka grade 7



made by Rebekka grade 7

Isn't the Paper Crafting community a wonderful place!  With all of the commitments I had , I was only treading water and now I am all caught up thanks to you fabulous ladies!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!  I appreciated everything you ladies did and KNOW the kids did!   I have a few of my school kids read my blog and that is the reason I try to explain the smallest details. These kids are all amazing little budding artists!!

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a very merry christmas!!!

Ellen

14 comments:

  1. I'd like to congratulate you and your students on making such awesome projects! Beautiful creations one and all. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a great post Ellen. Where to start you have so many beautiful cards your young friends have done. Spectacular. I am really in love with the creative IO cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful cards ellen.

    have a very merry christmas too.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ellen, these are gorgeous. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, what an inspiring blog! My daughter crafts with me and she is going to love your site so much too - Totally inspirational. I have joined you as a follower. Happy Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful variety of cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ellen you are obviously a great teacher! All the creations that you took time to post are amazing ...Merry Christmas and thanks for all your kind comments a my blog ! Cheers !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ellen, I'm sorry to hear about your family emergency, and hope things are better now. Thanks for sharing all the beautiful masterpieces, explaining the details! The artists did a great job! You must be a great teacher for the kids to have understood how to use the products so well! Merry Christmas, Ellen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year, El dahling!

    Can I say I'm totally impressed with the design Divine Ms. M sent for your class. As a teacher, you must be spectacular. I'd have to think teaching is your passion, no matter what you teach. All the cards are simply wonderful, and how very sweet of some students to send you such great thank you cards. That makes a huge statement. Perfection at its finest! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. You and your kids are total rock stars, sweet girl! Must be the totally impressive guidance they receive from you .. and their innate talent that you so beautifully bring out in them, eh?

    Hugs to you and your uber talented papercrafting class!

    M

    ReplyDelete
  11. Psssst, PS: I love how you reinvented the designs as your own better and improved versions. YOU are so talented and the kids are lucky to have you on their team. Each and every one of those artistic kids obviously love you for bringing crafting into their lives and for being the fabulous you! Yeah you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness, Ellen.....just an outstanding post! You are super fabulous with the students and what an outstanding job they did! Wow!!!! And, that Divine Miss M has such a fabulous heart. Plus, she is so talented...just like you. I feel honored to know you girls.

    ReplyDelete
  13. All beautiful, especially like Diane's cocoa and candy cane card.. how unique and fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!