Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Sunday, 1 January 2012

Happy New Year!

Hello Everybody!

 I hope you all enjoyed the holidays!!   I have a quick project to show you that I made last summer after losing both sets of my keys, one to many times!  Yes, I said both sets!

  I received this Impression Obsession-Silhouette 15 stamp from Dolce and  knew right away what I was going to do with it.  This stamp has two silhouetted butterflies but I inked up only the smallest butterfly in a colored ink and colored the edges with a dark grey marker and stamped it. I cut them out and layered them on silver mirror paper.  Added a little sparkle to the wings that of course doesn't show up in the photo.  I also cut a piece of acetate to layer over top. I found these pendants at Micheals and attached them to jump rings to them to use for key chains.  The other side has my name and cell phone number on it, I didn't use my home number for security reasons.  I added a little bit of Judikin's Diamond Glaze before latching it shut.  I use this when I need a super strong adhesive.




Thanks for stopping by and your ever so kind comments!  Wishing you all health, happiness and love in 2012!

Ellen

8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful, very creative, and useful project! I love your butterflies!! Thanks for your visit, Ellen!! Wishing you and yours a very Happy Healthy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Ellen ! What a cool idea ! Thanks for all your kind words and visits to my blog last year ! All the best for 2012 ! Cheers, Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  3. what great and beautiful butterflies ellen.
    wishing you a great and creative 2012.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful and creative idea, Ellen! Thanks so much for all your kind comments on my blog over the past few months! I wish you a wonderful and creative 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow what a fabulous idea so different just wonderful
    Happy New Year to you too
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cool, Ellen! Very clever and creative, my friend! Thank you, too, for the GORGEOUS Christmas card!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, you're such a clever girl. Thanks for the wonderful instructions on how you did this. Have a spectacular year, Ellen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cool key chain, the butterfly is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!