Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Wednesday, 29 February 2012

Direct to Paper Technique






Direct to Paper is a QUICK and super easy technique!!

You can do this on regular cards stock but I wanted a glossy look 

so I started with photo paper that I bought at the dollar store.  

~Simply drag your ink pad directly across your paper. Ink takes 

longer to dry on glossy paper so I  heat set in between  colors. 

I simply started at the bottom with Ranger's Burlap Ink, dragging it across the paper- Heat set.


~Drag Ranger's Peeled Paint across the paper, heat set.


~Drag Ranger's Stormy Sky across the paper, heat set. 

~Stamp Rubbernecker's -Dapper on Bike SKU:535-04  and 

  Rubbernecker's Thinking of You SKU:565-10


with Jet Black Stazon Ink. 

Quick and Easy Peasy!!


Thanks for stopping by!!
Ellen



Stamps by Rubbernecker

Dapper on bike
Dapper on bike
SKU:535-04



thinking of you
thinking of you
SKU:565-10



16 comments:

  1. When I first saw this card I said "Wow" right out loud. This is simply amazing. I love this technique, and now that I've seen what an amazing job you did with it, I'm going to have to give this a try! Awesome work! Hope you are doing well! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I haven't done this in a while and now you have inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Easy Peasy with awesome results ! Great card ! Love it ! I'm home sick with no voice.. very strange cold.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ellen ! I'm just stopping by again to let you know that I'm passing on a Blog Award to you ! Check my Blog, Feb 29th Post for the details ! Have a great evening ! Shirle

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE it Ellen!! Your creation is AWESOME!! I will have to try this technique!! AND? Thank you, thank you for the WONDERFUL award! I have not received on for quite a while!! Thanks for making my day! I will be sure to pass it along too! Hope you are well!!



    ENJOY LIFE~Javablustamper/Jacquie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa...what a fabulous look!!!! I love the graduated effect you have achieved with the ink pads and the image looks awesome stamped in black!!!! Awesome design, Ellen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow fabulous image and beautiful card ellen.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness!!! This card is STUNNING!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW this is quite amazing. What a wonderful visual effect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The effect is quite striking! I like the streaky look, and the image in black on this background is a dreamy, days gone by kind of look. Great guy card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cool idea. Very interesting effect, especially where the colors blend a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. For awesome! I need to revisit that now that you've reminded us all of how visually stunning this technique is! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this technique and must try it. Super duper creation, Ellen!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!