Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Sunday, 12 February 2012

Jessica in Silhouette


Today over at Splitcoaststampers the ( fs262) featured stamper is Kathy Bradley aka 101Airborne.  She has a fabulous gallery, which made it difficult to choose a card to case! I chose  this card as my inspiration.

I love to color but sometimes I just like to take a beautiful line art stamp and create my own silhouette by stamping it in black and coloring the entire image in with a black Copic marker.  This is what I did here with this  gorgeous Jessica Stamp by Rubbernecker......

Jessica  
Rubbernecker Stamps~Jessica
SKU:237-02
Dimensions:2.5 x 4.5a



 You can see how versatile she is by the before silhouetted and after. This is such a quick and easy way to do up and image when you are short of time.  I did a little scoring on the back white panel with my Scor-pal as well as sponging some Antique linen Distress Ink.  I cut a Little Yellow Bicycle Doily in 1/2 and matted her over top with A Tim Holtz Sizzix Flourish, White Organdy Ribbon and a small scalloped punched heart. Added some bling .  The red paper is a beautiful heavy weight Cherry Red with shimmer that I picked up on a trip to Seattle.  To bad the camera never picks these things up!  I am quite happy with the way this turned out!


Thanks for stopping by!

Ellen

















9 comments:

  1. Ooooh, she looks sooo elegant in black...what a great idea to create you own silhouette....loooove this!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful and elegant card ellen.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. The silhouette looks better than the original! She looks great in black, love the way the card came out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! what a great idea to color in the ladies images Ellen! She looks like sexy cowgirl in silhouette! Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another beautiful card Ellen...what a great idea to create a silhouette with coloring in the image with black. Love it !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely striking, Ellen! I love the silhouette! How clever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you take any image that has the right design lines of course... and make it a silhouette!
    awesome design my friend! love it!
    hugs
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  8. El darling, I would never have thought to do her as a shadow. This is wonderful agains the white and flourish. Oh my, I'm overwhelmed with the talents one person has. How come I didnt get any of that? That's it - I'm on the next plane over there to LaCombe. we're gonna end this right here and now. Over and out

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!