Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Sunday, 5 February 2012

Pen, Ink, Copics~Pampered Crafters Sorority Door Prize


  I just love birdhouses, especially rustic ones!! This very beautiful Pen and Ink Painting was done by a very dear friend of mine that teaches Pen and Ink classes.  She has very generously donated this to the PAMERED CRAFTERS SOROITY, and it will be framed  in a 16" x 20" frame and ready to go home with one lucky lady.  This is just one of the door prizes  for the PAMPERED CRAFTERS SORORITY RETREAT!! At Gull Lake Center, hosted by the Sorority Sisters, my talented and dear friend Diane and myself.   Bring your bedding and your crafting supplies and join us for 3 days, May 25, 26, & 27th, tons of treats, make and takes, techniques, prizes and FUN, FUN, FUN!!!
We assure you you will leave feeling very pampered!  Only a few spots left!!

Please email us for the details~

fischerscrap@hotmail.com
or
ellentaylor38@yahoo.ca

 A little about Pen and Ink....
Pen and ink is done by tracing only the outline of a picture and then going to town with a RAPIDOGRAGH PEN, which is filled with India Ink and filling in with lines, scribbles and dots to make the picture come alive.  When you are finished with the inking you give it a couple of coats of KRYLON MATTE SEALER and let it cure for a few days.   Then using GRUMBACHER GEL, which is an artist's oil painting medium that makes oil colors transparent,  mixed with oil paints, the color is rouged on. Once again a couple of coats of KRYLON MATTE SEALER.

The outline of this next image was purchased at a garage sale, so I am not sure who the original artist is.  One of my best buds asked if I would put a pix of the painting that I am working on  right now on my blog so she can see it.   I do not have my friends talent in this area, but I find it very relaxing to do this.  So here it is Deb.....


I will rouge this tomorrow and if it doesn't turn out to horribly I will share it with you next week.  I wanted to learn how to do this so I could incorporate this into my paper crafting. Here is  a couple of beginner attempts......


I have done some by increasing the size of an outline stamp and have made journals and small pictures with them.
This is a journal that I designed for Dolce Impressions  formerly Dolce Stamps and Cards.   This is a JustRite Stamp set called BIRD HOUSES. I inked it with a COPIC MULTILINER on vellum paper and coloured it with COPICS on the back side of the image.   This breaks the rules of Copics as the ink will not blend on vellum.  I adhered it to designer paper and scrunched the vellum in a few spots to make it look not quite so perfect.

This image is from a painting magazine and I  tried to use Copics on Canvas in just the same way as the Vellum.  Sorry for the bad crop job on the photo......

Again, COPICS do not blend well on canvas, just thought I would share my experiments with you all.

Thank you for stopping by and have a most wonderful day!

Ellen


5 comments:

  1. hi ellen if thats your drawing than is this wow.
    I find it gorgeous.
    if you don't mind I wanted to kopiéd and colored and make a card of it.
    let me know if thats alwright with you.
    the other birdhouses are fabulous.
    your friend has draw also a beautiful birdhouse.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellen, these are all gorgeous, can't wait to see what you do with the one you are working on. I have been really nspired by these images, thank you xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Ellen ...the birdhouses are beautiful ! Your colouring is awesome ! Great job ! Have a great day !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This pen and ink painting sounds like a lot of fun and beautiful, too. These are gorgeous images and I love birds and birdhouses. I'll be looking for more of this from you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. El darhling, you've taken your talents to a whole new level. I am overwhelmed with what you've learned. YOu should put all the craft stuff away and just focus on your painting. It's shouts gorgeous everywhere! Beautiful work, my sweet friend. Hugs and love, Anne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!