Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Tuesday, 7 February 2012

Rose Filled Heart for The Color Throwdown


Hello Everybody,

 I am still working on a few Valentines and I was inspired by the color challenge over at The Color Throwdown.  Their challenge  (CTD177) is to use Black, Melon Mambo and White.  If you want to play along just click on the link.

I used Impression Obsessions-Rose Filled Heart-F6647.  I stamped it in Tuxedo Memento Black , this is the ink that is perfect for using with Copic Markers as it doesn't smear.  I colored it with only 3 markers R81, R83 and R85.  I hand cut it out, wrapped some Black Satin Ribbon around it and added 2 Maya Road Pins.


The embossed panel is a folder from the Sugar and Starry Night Sizzix embossing folder set.  I sponged very lightly a bit of Memento Angel Pink around the edges. I layered some beautiful white lace and Webster's Pages Pink Velvet Ruffle Ribbon. I used 2 stripes of the velvet ribbon and adhered them opposite from each other to create the illusion that it was a wider ribbon.   Again I didn't have just the right size of ribbon so I took a piece of Black Satin Ribbon and put a strip of 1/8" score tape along the top and folded it over, giving me just the size I wanted.


I popped the heart up to give it some dimension.


Wishing you all a fabulous day!  Thanks for stopping by!

Ellen

2 comments:

  1. beautiful heart and card ellen.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ellen I love this card so much! The colors are beautiful, love the heart, lace and heart pins. Gorgeous! Cheers..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!