Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Sunday, 26 February 2012

Rubbernecker's Sisterhood Sunday Challenge~ SS12




Happy Sunday Everyone!!


It's Sunday and that means it's time for another Rubbernecker's Stampin' Sisterhood Challenge!!




 Each and every Sunday the Rubbernecker's Stampin' Sisterhood hosts a challenge and this week we have a sketch challenge for you to play along with.



Mr. Rubbernecker is giving a prize away, so pop on over to the Rubbernecker Stamps Blog and get all the details and check the challenge rules for a chance to win.  We would love it if you played along with us!!!  While you are there check out what my Sister's have created for you and leave them some love too!

I took a few liberties with the sketch ,  I put my horizontal strip of paper behind the circle so I could journal on the circle. 

More often than not I like to use rubber stamps to create my scrapbook pages.  I lent my circle cutter to a friend so I had to use a dinner plate to trace my circle onto the light green paper.  Yes, necessity is the mother of invention~LOL.  I slightly distressed the edges with my fingernail.  I clear embossed Rubbernecker's Flourish 30-01 SKU:530-01 around the outside of the circle.  I find it easiest to make the stamping look even by using the clock system when stamping around a circle. I stamp at the 12 o'clock, then 6 o'clock, 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock. Then just stamp the inbetween spaces. I sponged Memento's New Sprout and Bamboo leaves around the edges of the circle. I wove some light green Twill through some gorgeous black ribbon that I got on one of my visits to Seattle.

These gorgeous butterflies are from the Rubbernecker's Butterflies are Free Set SKU: 538.  I stamped them in Memento Tuxedo Black directly onto some designer paper and cut them out. Then pressed a Versamark pad directly into the butterflies and clear embossed them twice.  I added a single rhinestone to each butterfly.

I stamped one of the the sentiments from the  Rubbernecker's Butterflies are Free Set SKU: 538  on a tag from an office supply store, sponged the edges and added a scrap of black lace to it. 


This is a picture of one of my favourite students giving me a quilt that she and her mother made for me at the end of last years Musical Theater.   This is just one of those moments for me, that really need to be captured in a scrapbook page.  I will miss this child when she moves on to the Junior High School next year!!


Don't forget to stop by the Rubbernecker Stamps Blog , the Stampin' Sisterhood to see what my Sister's have created and play along with us in the challenge!!


Thanks for stopping by and have the most terrific day ever!


Ellen


Supplies~
Stamps- All by Rubbernecker....


 Rubbernecker's Flourish 30-01 SKU:530-01

 
Rubbernecker's Butterflies are Free Set SKU: 538

Paper~
Tim Holtz Adironack Collection, Close to My Heart( DP), Bazzil and Stampin Up!
Ink~Memento-Tuxedo Black, New Sprout, Bamboo Leaves.
Accessories~ Random Ribbon, Versamark, Clear Embossing Powder, Rhinestones, 3D Dots

10 comments:

  1. Hi Ellen ! Came here to check out the Blog Hop and find this amazing lay-out ! I really love what you've done with the stamping, colours & ribbon...awesome work ! That is so sweet that a student & mom gave you a guilt ! Wow, that sure is appreciation ! Hope your driving in the snow storm was safe ! Cheers, Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful page you created using this weeks sketch Ellen! love the colors and pretty stampings you incorporated into your design! That quilt in the pic is beautiful as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful scrapbook page, Ellen! That's a great stamping tip with the clock system on the circle, too. How special that your student and her mother made you a beautiful quilt! I bet you are an amazing teacher!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Lovin' the butterflies, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful page, Ellen...love those butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this page; the colors are so Springy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ellen, this is a beautiful scrapbook page and one that must mean so much to you. How awesome to receive this quilt from your student. I love the flourish you've stamp. A DINNER PLATE??? Now, I'll have to remember that...you know, just in case. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful layout ellen.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful layout, Ellen! I love the stamping you did around the large circle and those butterflies are gorgeous! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the repeated stamping around the circle. What a great layout!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!