Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Thursday, 29 March 2012

Bevy of Butterflies Window Frame

No matter how I tried I just could not get a good picture of this so the true colors are not showing. one day I will figure out how to take a picture that has reflective glass in it, just not today.


 My friends Colleen and Colleen took a class and brought me this 20" x 20" farm house window, precut SU paper and wall vinyl.   We had an awesome day of crafting! Thanks to both Colleen's, it was lots of fun!!  We all had the same supplies and while are background papers quilting pattern looked the same, Both Colleen's were gorgeous with her their extra photo mats and large flourish. I just knew I change it and make it my own.  Embellishments can really make a project look completely different. I had to sponge Cocoa and Chocolate ink  a little heavier on each square.  I added a black Sizzix Swirly  die cut behind the mat for a photo.  I had die cut a Sizzix Tim Holtz Hanging Sign, trimmed it down to crown the photo mat and added some Kaiser Pearls. I stamped severalbutterflies Rubbernecker from the Butterflies are Free Set Sku:538 and several from Rubbernecker Butterfly Inchies Set sku:427 the  in Tsukineko Versafine Black Onyx directly on to the patterned paper and colored them the same way I did in my previous post. I also punched a couple of Martha Stewart butterflies in Black and Cream. I added some Rhinestones and some Pearls to the butterflies. 


 This a gift for my very sweet Canadian Bestie for her birthday.  I really hope she likes the framed bevy of butterflies!


  It just needed something else, so  I trimmed the Scroll Hanger from the Sizzix Hanging Sign Down to fit the outside of the window frame.



Thanks for stopping by and have a fab day!
hugs,
Ellen

4 comments:

  1. fabulous ellen beautiful made.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ellen ! Oh my gosh, this is stunning ! It looks like you put a lot of work into it, very interesting the pattern with the papers and love those butterflies. I know what you mean about photos, they can change the colours, frustrating ! The sentiment is wonderful. Your friend is lucky to receive this from you ! Have a great evening, Hugs, Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is a beautiful framed project and a gift that will be well received. Love all those beautiful butterflies. It's a top notch creation, Ellen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Abolutely WOW!! I'm positive that she loved it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!