Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Sunday, 1 April 2012

Gone Fishin' ~ SS16

Hello Everybody!


It's Sunday, that means it's time for another Rubbernecker Stampin' Sisterhood Sunday Challenge!




 





  We have been challenged an awesome layout! You could win a fabulous Rubbernecker stamp set of your choice just by creating a card, scrapbook page or 3d project inspired by the photo below and linking it to The Stampin' Sisterhood Blog.

I thought this would make a fabulous layout for a scrapbook page.


 Here is how it was put together..... I sponged Adirondack Stonewashed on a blue 12X12 piece of card stock. I sponged Memento Bamboo Leaves on the green layer.  I sponged Ranger's Gathered Twigs on the kraft layer.  I  stamped  Hanging Fish SKU:34-02  multiple times on the Kraft layer with  Gathered Twig Distress ink and clear embossed them.  I cut out some pictures of my brother and I on a salmon fishing trip with Spellbinders Circles, a day definitely to remember!  I stamped the Hanging Fish SKU: 34-02 four times on scrap paper, again with Gathered Twigs Distress ink.  I colored them with Copics and  cut them out, some I cut completely apart to arrange separately on my page.   I wrapped linen thread around a hat pin to make a line and hook to catch the fish right of the page.  I attached it with1/8 inch Scor-tape.  I embossed the Gone Fishin' Sign-SKU:34-20 with Rangers Gathered Twigs Distress ink on scrap card stock, cut it out and sponged the same color ink over it.  To finish it off  I added some Rain Dots for air bubbles.


Pop on over to The Stampin' Sisterhood  for all the details to play along and see what my ubur talented Sisters have created to inspire you! 
Last weeks SCS F4A109 Challenge is  to use 3 or more of something on your project.  I think my school of fish counts.


Thanks for  stopping by and have a most fabulous day!


Hugs,
Ellen




Stamps: by Rubbernecker

  Gone Fishin' Sign-SKU:34-20 
 









 

9 comments:

  1. beautiful layout ellen.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sketch looks so cool for your scrapbook page, Ellen! Fabulous theme, photos, and page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous page, Ellen!!!! First of all, I love the pictures...what fun!! The fish and bubbles are just perfect for this and I love how you added the gone fishin' sigh in the middle of the circle pics...sooo awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful page you created with the sketch Ellen! You used the fish so creatively!! and what a wonderful way to remember a fun day with your brother!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ellen ! What a great idea to use the sketch for your fabulous lay-out ! I really like how you combined 4 photos into circles to create the large one and the fishies obviously compliment the photos so well !

    I'm having a little trouble at times with Blogger, this post doesn't come up on mine as a new one, I saw it on the Stamping Sisters site. Glad I didn't miss it ! Have a great day, Hugs, Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, so professional looking!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super layout! Looks like you and brother were having a fun day on the water. Great page to look back on in the future. That's why scrapbooks are so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. El darling, only you could have taken your inspiration into the world of scrapbooking! Your photos are perfect (from your Hawaiian vacation last year?) I'm not into scrapbooking but this is certainly one heck of a great page for someone to remember and enjoy. I'll really call you after Easter! I'm still swimming with the sharks over here. Over and out. Hugs and love

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!