Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Saturday, 24 March 2012

Stampin' Sisterhood Mother's Day Hop

Hello Friends!

Welcome to the Stampin' Sisterhood Design Team Mother's Day Blog Hop!!  So glad you could join the Stampin' Sisterhood for our Mother's Day Hop!!  Rubbernecker Stamps has a wide variety of stamps for your Mother's Day Projects!  My Sister's and I have put together some fabulous projects for you!!


OUR PRIZE:
A Stamp set of  your choice!
Winner to be announced on the SS Blog 3/30.

HOP DETAILS:

-Follow the route below
-Leave some love at each stop
-Go back to the Sisterhood Blog and let them know you have hopped.


BONUS ENTRY:
-As a bonus  we will draw an EXTRA winner  for a STAMP SET of their choice, just for sharing our HOP on their Facebook page or Blog!!
-After you have SHARED, just go back to the Stampin' Sisterhood Blog and let us know where you have SHARED our HOP!!


I just had to use these Rubbernecker Stamps for my Mother's day project.  I can still see my Mom with a big old straw hat on, working in the garden and my kids picking flowers to give away to all the neighbors and of course, my Mom, who lived right across the street.  We all seemed to spend a lot of time together in the garden.  Good memories!!


I decided to alter a wooden trinket box from the dollar store.

~ Paint the box if it is not already painted.

~ Sponge the sky with Memento Summer Sky with a Spellbinders Scalloped Oval and sponge  Memento New Sprout at the bottom of the card stock.

~Pierce holes around the edges.

~Stamp Mother W/ Flowers SKU:566-03 , color her with Copics and cut her out.  Ink just the tulips again on a piece of scrap card stock . Color and cut them out.  Give her an even bigger bouquet with  a bit more dimension by offsetting them when gluing  them over top of the tulips she is already holding.

~Die cut a Sizzix Picket Fence by Tim Holtz and adhere

~Stamp Child w Bouquet SKU:532-09, color her with Copics. Ink, stamp and color just the pansies a few times to create a small flower bed. Cut them all out and adhere over top of the fence.

~ Using Adirondack Espresso Ink stamp Family SKU: 582-19 in the top left corner.



~ Add some rhinestones  and some Stardust Stickles.

~Mat over top of Mahogany Card stock and adhere to the box top. I use Score-Tape for a really good hold.
 

 ~Punch Martha Stewart Lattice border punch  and adhere around the the box.

~Color the edges of some light blue satin ribbon with B21 Copic marker and adhere  around the box using  1/4" Scor-Tape. Then adhere some skinny brown ribbon using 1/8" Score-Tape.


Now off you go to hop and see what my fabulous Sister's have created!  Don't forget to leave some love at each stop to increase your chance of winning!

Thanks for stopping by and have a most fabulous day!!


Hugs,
Ellen

Supplies~
Stamps~
 Mother w Flowers SKU: 566-03




Child w Bouquet SKU:532-09
 


Family-SKU:582-19
 

Paper~Classic Crest Mahogany, White, Su Textured White
Ink~Memento-tuxedo Black-Summer Sky-New Sprout, Adrirondack Espresso
Copics~
Dresses- B21, B24, B26, B0000, 0
Aprons-C00, C1
Hair- E01, E27, E29
Skin- E00, E000, E0000, R20
Leaves- YG13, YG45
Pansies- BV00, BV11, BV13, Y02
Tulips- V01, V06, BV08, R81, R83, R85
Hat-YR31, Y26
Accessories~ Wooden Box, Rhinestones, Stardust Stickles, Sizzix Tim Holtz Fence Die, Martha Stewart Lattice Punch, Piercing Tool, Scor-tape, Ribbon (SU), Sponge.


38 comments:

  1. This is amazing! Gorgeous and adorable. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your project.

    craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job, Ellen. Love how you combined the two images for a totally different look. I have to remember this one for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omigosh, Ellen!!! What a beautiful trinket box! Your coloring of these terrific images is magnificent!!! I have the Child with Bouquet stamp, but now I must get the Mother with Flowers, too. I love how you combined them. You are such an inspiration to me, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so gorgeous! i love this box and the beautiful colouring!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing project!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun use of these images on your box!! Looks awesome~

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute little box - perfect for a little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous transformation of a plain box. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an absolutely lovely card. I love the more stencil look it gives and so perfect for a Mom or for anyone to celebrate spring and summer.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sweet and what a lovely box!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Ellen! what a lovely gift box you created! I love the images - so beautifully colored - and that wonderful sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely gift box that would make any mother
    happy to receive.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ellen, this box is gorgeous. Your coloring on the images is perfect and I love how you embellished the box.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Whoa, baby!! What a wonderful scene you've created for this special box! Sweet treasures are bound for this heartfelt creation indeed, Ellen!

    ~Bev

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a pretty box you've created. I love this garden scene and these images.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great idea to decorate that plain wooden box. And the scene you created is fabulous and really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful box!! LOVE the images and sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is amazing, Ellen! I love how you coordinated those images and your coloring is superb! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cute box, stamps are cute, very nice color selections.

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMG!!! What an absolutely gorgeous box, Ellen!!!!! I sooo love how you combined the images and your coloring is over the top....this is a real WOW project!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ellen, this is just beautiful. I love how you combined all the different images and the sentiment. The details of the trim are wonderful too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ellen: I love the story about your Mom and her gardening in that straw hat. The sentiment is perfect for Mother's day. Thank you so much for the tutorial. Love the distressing even around the ribbon. Hope you make an image of it for your children to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This sweet old fashioned box is adorable! LOVE the stamped images and the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the verse!! Beautifully done!! Thanks for sharing!

    Hugs,
    Geri
    gerissman@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful box... a wonderful Mother's Day gift! Love your choice of stamps for the story behind your project, great coloring!!! Thanks for sharing. I am now following!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ellen, I love how you think out of the box...or should I say "on the box". Gorgeous!!! Loving your coloring and the colors on this. You totally rocked this hop!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What an amazing project! Something to be treasured for sure.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  29. This project is incredible! The blues are beautiful. You've given me a great idea for my daughter's gift on her 2nd Mother's Day! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lovely altered box. I like the scene you created and your coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Lovely projects; perfect mothers day inspiration. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a beautiful box you have created! I love the fresh blue of their clothes and what lovely ribbon!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Sweet project! Beautiful coloring too!
    DeniseB

    ReplyDelete
  34. Such Lovely Memories and your box reflects them beautifuly! The whold look is perfect right down to the pretty edging around the sides... Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh, modifying ribbon. Great idea, now if only I can remember to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  36. What?? I haven't commented on this beautiful box. I remember seeing it and LOVING it. You did a spectacular job on this beauty and I think it is outstanding.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!