Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Tuesday, 13 March 2012

Last Dress Rehearsal


Hello Everybody!

This is the busiest week of the year for me.  Today we had the very last dress rehearsal for Musical Theater.  This year we are doing Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.  Tomorrow we have our first of many performances and the kids are very excited, as am I!!!   I thought I would share some photos of the kids after today's rehearsal.  They have worked very hard since December and are ready to wow the community with their talents!  We have 53 AMAZING little actors this year doing 12 performances and there is talk of adding another one as I believe we are just about sold out for all the performances.  We have a ton of kids working in back stage from our elementary school.

The above photo shows a flower that is part of the set that is an umbrella painted, a sucker made from styrofoam and some pixie stixs made of sturdy cardboard tubes.   I will show more photos of our sets later on.  We have had a lot of  help this year on our Production Team, from Parents, Teachers, High School Kids (including my sweet daughter in the Vocal department~Proud Mom~EH!), Junior High Kids and the Community!!

 Willie's cane is actually a bird feeder tubes attached and filled with Wonka Nerds.

Ms. Tevee, Mike Tevee, Grandpa Joe, Charlie and the Candy Man. A few of our 40 Oompa Loompas!


Gum chewing, obnoxious  Violet Beauregarde and her Mom.

Spoilt rotten  Veruka Salt, Mr. Salt and Matilda and more Oompa Loompas.



We have two casts and they take turns with being main characters  and being Oompa Loompas and Candy Kids.

Don't they look excited!!

I won't be creating any paper crafts for the next week but will be back to posting with a fury after we are done our performances!

Break a leg Kids! I think you all ROCK!!

Uber Big Hugs!
Ellen

8 comments:

  1. The cast looks adorable ! The set with the flower is awesome. Have a great time ! Cheers, Shirley x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ellen, it seems fabulous! Im sure you guys will rock and you worked very very hard...so nice that you do that for the kids. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like the kids are having a great time...I'm sure the performances will go off without a hitch!!! Have fun and break a leg!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This must be extreme fun for everyone involved. They look like they're having the time of their lives! Thank you for sharing these photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. El dahling, your photos are totally awesome. Each actor looks as sweet as can be and, yes, they definitely looked psyched for their upcoming performances. Just think, under your tutelage, you've managed to create individual awareness amongst the kids that they are the best they can be. How exciting for you and definitely for them. I'm really proud and know your performances will be spectacular! Another exciting thing is that you may have to do an added performance. I think the whole community is pretty darn excited too! There's always just one parent that steps up to the plate. You're that person and just knowing you brings such pride to my world. Rock 'em girl! Hugs. over and out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, these kids look so excited they can hardly stand it. I'm sure this will be a success and you are to be commended for all your hard work. I'm sure you are busy as you can possibly be. I know you're so proud of your daughter....I certainly would be, too. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful to have all those kids involved AND so excited!! they sure look like they are having fun! what cool costumes and accessories Ellen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look at those sweet kids! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!