Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Friday, 6 April 2012

Easter Candy Bouquet

Time to get ready for Easter!  I found these wonky looking marshmallow chicks at the dollar store and just had to make this Sucker Bouquet for the kids!  

I bought a vase at the dollar store and stuffed some basket straw in it.  Put the silly looking marshmallow chicks around the inside edges of the vase and hot glued some florist foam in the center, then more basket straw.  I found these glittery Easter florals and cut them into several pieces and arranged them with  a bag of suckers in the florist foam.  I glued some gorgeous purple seam binding that I got from Really Reasonable Ribbon around the bottom of the vase.



I stamped Rubbernecker's Rabbit sku:565-05 with Memento Tuxedo black and sponged it with Adirondack Lake Mist. I colored the ears, nose and cheeks with Memento Angel pink and hand cut it out.  I popped this cute rabbit up with some pop dots on oval die cuts a Spellbinders Beaded Oval and added some Ranger's Stardust Stickles. 


Today my sweet friend M in Seattle emailed me a picture of the cherry tree in her front yard.......



         Then this is what I woke up to this morning in my front yard........


Guess that snow shovel just isn't ready to be put away yet!!  


Do you like free stamp sets?  Of course you do!!  There is still time for you to play in the Stampin' Sisterhood Challenge-SS16. 

Thanks for stopping by and have a sun filled day wherever you are!!


hugs,
Ellen

7 comments:

  1. bbrrrrrrrrrrrr thats cold ellen, but you have made a beautiful easter vase with lotts of yummie details.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ellen ! What a gorgeously perfect bouquet for Easter ! You are so creative, I love it !

    What a contrast with the Cherry Tree blooms and your snow ! We don't have snow, but it's 3 degrees with high winds - we won't be sitting outside with our family when they arrive today. Have a Wonderful Easter Weekend with your family & friends. Hugs, Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO delightful Ellen! Love how bright it is - and those smushed little chicks inside are totally cute! SO sorry you are having snow still - we are cool 50's but sun shining and trees and flowers are starting to bloom! Happy Easter GF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely delightful yummies for the kiddos and aaack! Snow!!! Hope spring comes soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl you just have sooo much talent and creativity!! This is so unique and totally wonderful, I love it! You know, Hobby Lobby and florists sell things that are not this pretty for big bucks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oops....... a do over

    Your sucker bouquet was surely a big hit with the kiddos. It is really, really cute.
    Hey, I'll take M's yard instead of yours....don't need snow. We had a frost last night...probably the one and only we'll have. I sure hope so because I don't relish covering my plants again. We're safe after the 15th of April.

    Someone down the street from me had a cherry tree bloom a few weeks ago and it was just stunning, as is M's. Those trees are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!