Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Saturday, 28 April 2012

Fly



I have a scrapbook page to share with you today.  I started by stamping a 12 x 12 sheet of card stock with Rubbernecker's Wild Flower Background Sku 447 using Versamark Dazzle and clear embossing it.  I sponged the edges with Memento Sweet Plum.
Doesn't it make a fabulous background for a SB page!


I cut a piece of CTMH patterned paper and distressed the edges and sponged it with the Sweet Plum as well. I found these old pixs of my daughter when she was younger and adhered them to the patterned paper.

I found these wonderful big doilies in the party section of the dollar store (I just love the dollar store). I sponged it up a bit with Antique Linen Distress Ink.

I added a strip of dollar store cream lace and adhered some Maya Road Flower ribbon to it using Scor-Tape.  Finished the ribbon off with some Kaiser Pearls.



I added some buttons, Prima flower, pins, cameo, locket charm, and a ZVA Flourish. My tiny title is scrap patterned paper with rub ons. I attached it to some crotche thread using library clips. To finish off this page I stamped Rubbernecker's Butterfly Inchies Sku 427 with Memento Rich Cocoa and colored it with Desert Sand and Rich Cocoa using Fantastix.  I added some pearls to these sweet butterflies. I really like the vintage feel of this page.

Thanks for stopping by  and have a most fabulous day!

Ellen

9 comments:

  1. fabulous and beautiful layout ellen.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ellen ! OMGosh, this is a beautiful lay-out ! I love all the elements. Very clever finding doilies at the $store and the charms & flower set it off perfectly ! Enjoy the rest of your weekend, I hope your painting is finished ! Hugs, Shirley x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful, Ellen! I love the doily and the bling! The charms are the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can not say enough good things about this page. It's simply elegant and feminine. WoW! That background is so pretty, very artfully done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! All those tiny detals, the little locket and the beads-love how you added the sentiment too! Is this the Katie from the page above? It is so sweet too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! This is beautiful. I love the details. When I first looked at it, I thought for sure it was a digital layout. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vintage and so special is this page with your daughter's photos. Love the added charm, etc. Love the background, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice! Love that you used your daugther's photos xxx so many details :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your daughter will treasure this always. It is just spectacular and vintage lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!