Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Sunday, 6 May 2012

Emboss Resist and Sponged Background Tutorial

I received some new Release images from Rubbernecker Stamps and was very inspired. So today I have a little Emboss Resist and Sponged Background pictorial to share with you today.......

I always have copy paper under  my card stock to avoid a messy clean up.  Sponge Memento Dandelion ink in the center of the card stock.  Always start out sponging lightly and then go heavier.  You can always add more ink.  Don't worry about it being pretty yet....

Sponged Memento Cantaloupe, from the outside in.  You can go over the Dandelion but don't cover it completely.........

 Add Memento Tangelo, sponging from the outside edges in, making sure you do not completely cover the Cantaloupe.......


Sponged Memento Lady Bug ink just around the edges.......
If I want to emboss on card stock that has been sponged or brayered, I always heat set it with my heat tool.  I do this because if the ink is a little bit wet still, the embossing powder might stick in some spots that I don't want to emboss. Sorry, no photo of this.

I inked up my Rubbernecker's Spring Glory stamp sku:601-01 and a sentiment from Rubbernecker's Best Wishes Set sku:600 with Versamark and embossed them with White Embossing Powder.......

Stamped Rubbernecker's Flourish #2  sku 611-02 with Memento Tangelo and stamped it on the right side twice, making sure to stamp over the edge of the card stock, to achieve a flowing look.......

With Memento ink stamp Rubbernecker's Flourish 30-08 on the left side over top of your white embossed image and again just stamping a partial image just a little higher..........
This step is very important, so you don't smear ink where to don't want it!!!  Take a paper towel and gently rub away the ink that is sitting on top of the white embossed image. Now it appears as though the red flourish is behind the embossed flowers!  Easy Peasy! No Photo.

I added some punched MS butterflies that had been sponged with the same Memento inks, some rhinestones and pearls and 3 pieces of scrap ribbon to the edge. All it needed was Stardust Stickles butterfly trails.


Hope this inspires you to play with your inks!

Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulous day!

Ellen

Rubbernecker Stamps~
Spring Glory SKU:610-01
Spring Glory

Flourish #2 Sku: 611-02


Flourish #2

 Flourish 30-08
 Flourish 30-08

Best Wishes SKU:600




Best Wishes Set

10 comments:

  1. wow, wow, wow this is gorgeous ellen.
    beautiful colors and stamps.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ellen, I love this card ! The background colour & technique along with the images are just beautiful ! Awesome tutorial as well ! Have a great day, Shirley x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful results with these fun techniques Ellen! love the colors and the flutter of butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card!! I love it:) I'm so glad you made a tutorial for it. I've been wanting to practice sponging. I showed your blog to a friend and she added you to her blog list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello there! I love the colors you chose to use!!! So bright, sunny and happy colors!!! Your heat embossing is perfect!!! That white looks amazing! Thank you for posting on SCS about coming here! I have truly enjoyed getting to see this!!!
    Kathleen (lammie)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa....what a STUNNER, Ellen!!!!! I loooove your beautiful design with the flourishes, sponging, and the resist technique...absolutely magical!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great tutorial Miss Ellen. Even The Fruitcake might be able to do one of these after 2 years of tryin'! LOL! Awesome instructions and breathtaking card. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my!!! How did I miss this earlier, Ellen!!! What an awesome design and colors. LOVE THIS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. El dahling, I am just about speechless with this card and accompanying tutorial. I would never have known how to make a card like this without your step-by-step photos. Should I ever feel daring, I'll come back and give these techniques a whirl. Admittedly though, I cant see myself every doing that since my minimalistic talents could never hold a candle to you. HOpe all went well at your crafts weekend. I bet you and your cohort had a few chuckles after everyone was gone. You're such a sweetheart!
    Over and out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!