Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Tuesday, 1 May 2012

A Retreat Make and Take



Hello Friends!

I have been busy getting ready for the Pampered Crafters Sorority retreat.  Here is one of the 10 make and takes the ladies get to make...

   This is a 5x7 journal from Micheals, that I bought from the $1.50 bin.  By the time I was done I had a gift for under $2.00.  I was inspired by a book box that I had seen while I was at Micheals. 


I stamped Rubbernecker's Dandelion Border 540-02 and just one of the butterflies from Rubbernecker's Butterflies are Free Set with Versafine Onyx Black and Clear Embossed them. I stamped them again scrap paper and and cut them out to create a mask.  Then I inked up Rubbernecker's French Script Background and Rubbernecker's Flourish 30-08-SKU:530-03 and clear embossed them too.  The Dandelions and Butterflies were colored using a Fantastix  with Memento London Gray, Angel Pink and Rose Bud. Added a little Stardust Stickles and some Rhinestones. This photo was taken before the rhinestones were added.


 The spine was Stamped with the Flourish as well and embossed with white embossing powder.  Before I adhered it all together I put a strip of Scor-tape along the spine and added a piece of ribbon for a book mark.  I used Scor-tape to adhere it all together.  Hope the Retreat ladies like it too!

 The Stampin' Sisterhood has a Garden Hop coming up. Check back on May 19th for some really inspiring projects!



I am off to spend the day with my Mom and my Daughter at the Antique Sale and Auction and out for dinner. Wishing you all a very happy Mother's Day!  Your comments are very appreciated!
Hugs,
Ellen



3 comments:

  1. yay! Thats my journal :) beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you enjoy it Steph! Love ya! Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE what you did with that journal:) I have similar stamps, I'll have to try something like that
    Have fun with your Mom and daughter!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!