Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Sunday, 6 May 2012

Stampin' Sisterhood Challenge~SS17

Hello Friends!

It's time for another Stampin' Sisterhood Challenge!  

Our challenges are now monthly, so you have lots of time to play along. There are two ways you could win an awesome Rubbernecker stamp set of your choice. To find out how to play and see how to win.....just pop over to the Stampin' Sisterhood Blog.  


This months challenge-SS17 is a sketch challenge.  I love this sketch!!  So many things you could do with it!
I received some brand new rubbah from Mr. Rubbernecker.  There are lots of Rubbernecker New Releases!!  There are some new stamps that are great for Scrap booking too!  Today I am using Rubbernecker's Floral's #4 Sku:609-01, a gorgeous Wildflower silhouette, to make my card.

I decided to go back to a beginner technique to create my card.  Stamping with Markers is a quick and easy way to get different colors on a stamped image.

 
 It's quite simple really. All you do is turn your stamp over and color with your marker directly onto the rubber.  I use the brush end of the marker and color the areas that I want. It's best to use the side of the tip so you don't ruin the tip.  Here the stems and leaves are being colored green.  I used a blue marker to color the flowers.  You could use a few shades of whatever color you are using to create shadows, today I used only one shade of each color.  If your ink has dried a bit, just bring the stamp up close to your mouth and "huff" on it and your breath will moisten the ink again.  Stamp it on your card stock.  Today I used the whole image, however this is a great technique when you have a stamp that you only want to use part of the image.  Easy Peasy!! 



I stamped 3 images and die cut them with Spellbinders Long Classic Rectangles and popped them up on Long Classic Scalloped Rectangles.  Again popping them up on the card. 

 I added some Stardust Stickles  to the blue flowers, doesn't it give it a total sparklicious look!  I also Stickled around the Scalloped Rectangles and around the bottom of the sentiment.  You can add Stickles anytime as long as you wait for it to dry, which doesn't take very long!

This beautiful scripted sentiment is from a brand new Rubbernecker set called Best Wishes Set Sku:600.  There are 20 sentiments in it and I know it is going to be a go to set!!  I stamped it on the bottom of my card stock and layered some Maya Road Lace and some Micheal's ribbon, adhering it with Scor-tape.

I added some Stardust Stickles around the Scalloped Rectangles and around the bottom of the sentiment.


 Be sure and check out what my Sister's have been creating for your enjoyment and don't forget to leave them some love along the way!

I am entering this in the CCEE Stampers CCEE1218 , where the challenge is to use gingham.

I hope you play along with us and create something fabulous with this sketch! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful Sunday!

Ellen


Stamps~
Florals#4 Sku: 609-01

 Floral #4

Best Wishes Set SKU:600


Best Wishes Set

7 comments:

  1. wow ellen what a gorgeous card.
    very chique.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ellen ! Gorgeous card, I love it ! The vibrant blue against the white just pops ! Your take on the sketch is wonderful and thx for the tip on using markers on your stamp. I could give this a try with Tombows.... Just popped in to take a break from the gardens, gorgeous day here in Ontario, hope you are enjoying yours ! Shirley x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sooo pretty, Ellen...I love the blue and green against the white...it's sooo classy looking and I love the added sparkle!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ellen I can't say enough good things about this card it is absolutely gorgeous!! Elegant and soooo pretty. It's given me lots of ideas and I am looking at Rubber Necker stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG ~ You're an amazing artist ~ love your designs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely Ellen! the blue stickle flowers add such punch to the stampings! love the lacey look with the die cut panel and scallop framings! How Freudian that we used the same stamps - even making them Anniversary cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My gosh...so pretty! Love the scalloped bg!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!