Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Saturday, 19 May 2012

Stampin' Sisterhood Garden Hop




Welcome to The Stampin' Sisterhood's Garden Hop!! 

We are going to have a little fun this month!  The Stampin' Sisterhood is having a garden inspired Word Search.  Each of us Sister's have a garden word hidden in our blog posts today.  I am sure the words will be super easy to spot! 

HOP INFO:
**You will have until FRIDAY 5/25 to HOP, the WINNERS will be announced Saturday 5/26 in the evening!
**WINNERS**-
Each hopper, who does the following will receive a Shopping Code for 15% off their order(it will be emailed to you):
-Leave some LOVE at EVERY stop along the way.
-Collect our word search, WORDS, as you go!
- Leave a comment on the Sisterhood Blog, along with the words you collected, and your email addy'.-ONE winner will be chosen to receive 25% off!!

BONUS ENTRY:
-As a bonus  we will draw one MEDIA WINNER  for a STAMP SET of your choice, just for sharing our HOP on your Facebook page or Blog, or some other media page!!
-After you have SHARED, just go back to the Stampin' Sisterhood Blog and let us know where you have SHARED our HOP, with a link!!

If you get lost along the way just look for the HOP badges on everyone's sidebars to follow the HOP posts.

Watch out for something EXCITING coming for JUNE'S HOP!!
You should check the Stampin' Sisterhood Blog often as we have our challenges and weekly postings, a place where lots of inspiration can be found!

Here is the HOP ROUTE......


 On to my card......
I just love the smell of petunias!! They take a lot of WATER (my word)over the summer but sooo worth it! I can't wait to go to the greenhouse and get some pretty pink petunias to plant in my garden!  Until then I will have just color them.


I stamped Rubbernecker's Petunias Sku:537-09 with Memento Tuxedo Black and colored it with Copics.  Die cut it with a Spellbinders Oval and sponged it with Memento Angel Pink while it was still in the die. I popped it up on a Spellbinders Beaded Oval that was sponged with with Angel Pink as well. I stamped a second petunia and cut on out and popped it up.

The background was created with the Faux Letter Press Technique by rubbing a Memento Angel Pink directly on the negative side of an  embossing folder. I used one from Sizzix's Sugar and Starry Night set.  What a beautiful background this technique creates!!  A Recollections Pearl Flourish  and some pink satin ribbon were added.  I layered it on a white card stock mat and popped up on a pink card base.

Hope you are all having a happy day! Thanks for hopping by!
Ellen

Stamps~
Rubbernecker's Petunia Sku:537-09
Petunias

26 comments:

  1. Those flowers are gorgeous and just pop off the page!! Simply beautiful, Ellen!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Schmokes, Ellen!!! This is so delicate, elegant, and GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! All the beautiful pink is awesome! That new image is so pretty with the nestie, embossed bg, and the gems! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ellen, this is gorgeous!!! I love the layers and the embossing!! Your coloring is BRILLIANT, too!

    Such a BEAUTIFUL card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those petals are colored so beautifully, Ellen! Such depth you've achieved. It looks like I can just reach through my monitor and pick one. WOWZERS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG - this petunia image is gorgeous - and your coloring is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow ellen this is gorgeous, fabulous colors.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow Ellen, this is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love the faux letterpress technique and you have made such a wonderfully pretty card on that background. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wowwwwwwwwwwww!! These petunias are beeeee-U-tiful!! The addition of the faux letterpress technique adds such wonderful depth!

    ~Bev

    ReplyDelete
  11. What LOVELY colored embossing for your background and die cut framing Ellen - and your petunias are just gorgeous! A beautiful garden card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Totally gorgeous, Ellen! The embossed background, pearls, ribbon and amazing coloring are just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooooh, this is sooo pretty and elegant, Ellen....I love the beautifully colored flowers and the delicate textured background is gorgeous!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, this is so beautiful, I love it

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Ellen this is sooooo dreamy! I love it:) All the layers of white just give it such a nice crisp, clean look.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ellen, this is gorgeous! I love every single element of it. I loved your journal so much and how you colloaged all the images together that I printed a picture of it and took to show Dave yesterday. It was so beautiful and creative.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your card is so elegant. I love the techniques you used. I have to get that petunia stamp!!! It is awesome! Celeste
    lhea_13409@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's such a beautiful card! Love all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your beautiful card and everything about it.


    Tina
    aurathentic@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely stunning, Ellen! I love all of the embossing. This is one of the most beautiful cards I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow! this is such a work of art!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  22. How do I not have these petunias yet?! Amazing coloring and I love the pink background! Amazing job!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Omgosh Ellen! Petunias remind me of growing up. every spring mom and I would plant a whole huge flower bed full of them. before long they would be full of amazing color..
    I agree on lots of water, and they do better if you pick off all the bloomed out ones.
    your card is over the top amazing-stunning-awesome-super creative- rich and elegant all wrapped into one wonderful creation!
    thanks for the memories my friend!
    hugs to ya
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love this! The red petunia's make the card pop, nice, TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow! Ellen, this is stunning. I love how you colored those petunias and your technique for the background is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  26. El dahling, it's incredulous what you can do with an image, ribbon, ink and dies! Your creation is just as fabulous as you! Over and out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!