Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Wednesday, 27 June 2012

Altered Cake Plate & Scrapbook Page





I was out shopping with my Sorority Sister Diane and found this awesome square cake plate at Winners.  It screamed at me in the store to buy it,  really it did!!  I could see it altered in my head as a scrapbook page.


I know a  normal person would bake a cake but I am a paper crafter and  we crafters just look at things differently.  I could see the base as the easel and the plate as the frame.  Since it is square it is very sturdy. You can see how it stands alone as a display.....


My best Canadian friend gave me some fabulous family photos taken by the award winning photographers of Dirk Brouwer Photography .  People travel far and wide to have photos taken by them!!  I knew I wanted to do something special with them .

I knew I wanted to keep this clean looking  so I stamped Rubbernecker's Rose Ornament Sku:551 with Versamark on Vellum and embossed it with white embossing powder.  Such a pretty stamp and so versatile!


I layered my photo on white shimmery card stock and added some Maya Road lace and dollar store turquoise ribbon then framed it using Spellbinders Grand Labels One.  I added some Spellbinders Foliage and Some Sizzix 3D Flowers.  Finished it off with some halfback Pearls of different sizes.
I think I will keep on the look out for more square plates with a pedestals. This would make a fabulous birthday of Christmas gift!

Thanks for stopping by and have a most fabulous day!!

Ellen

Stamps~



Rose Ornament

5 comments:

  1. Hi Ellen!
    What a totally cool idea! Beautiful design.
    Hugs,
    Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fabulous idea ellen, beautiful done.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is beautiful, ellen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Какая интересная задумка,просто прелесть!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! КРАСОТИЩАААААА

    ReplyDelete
  5. My gosh, only you would be able to come up with this super cool idea. Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!