Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Friday, 15 June 2012

A Brayered Lake Tutorial, an Italian Blog Award and a WINNER!!

Hello Friends!

I have another Pampered Crafters Soroity Retreat Make and Take to share with you today.  Most of the ladies at the retreat had never used a brayer before and we quite surprised at how easy it was.  It was gorgeous at Gull Lake Retreat Center. This is a photo some of the Pampered Crafter's Sorority Sisters, To bad we didn't get them all in the photo!



 So I am going to show you how to create this scene too....

Brayer Adirondack Aqua on the top of your cardstock to the middle and flip it and brayer the bottom until you reach the middle.......


To do the sky.....
Mask the lake across the bottom 1/3 to 1/2 of the cardstock with Post it notes.  Brayer Adirondack Pool, not going quite as far as the Aqua.



Brayer Adirondack Stream just at the top of the card stock, not going as far as the Pool. This is a strong color, so you want to roll it off on your scratch paper a little bit more than the other colors.....



To to the lake area....



Remove the Post it Notes and mask the sky off  now at the horizon line, exposing the lake area.  At the horizon line, brayer Pool not quite to the middle. Flip the cardstock and brayer the bottom, not quite to the middle again with the same color.......



Brayer Adironack Stream at the bottom of the cardstock, not covering the Pool.  If you want a  more intense, deeper color at the horizon  you can  add stream at the horizon (where the Post it Note is) if you like. I did not do that on this card.  At the end of this post I will show another card almost the same where I did this to the top and bottom of the lake.......



 Remove the Post it Notes and sponge Adirondack Denim around the outside edge of the cardstock......



Put Post it Notes on each side of the cardstock in the lake area at different levels to mask and create the islands.  I used a tree from  Kittie Kit-Cause a Scene The Moose is Loose #2 sku:KKCS-S002 . 
I made sure that the bottoms of the trees were being stamps on the Post it Note.  I inked my stamp with Memento Tuxedo Black and stamped two trees with each inking to create the illusion of more trees father away. I did this several times for each island........




With a pouncing motion sponge the bottom of the trees with Tuxedo Black to create the land.  Do this to both islands......



Remove the Post it Notes and stamp some birds from Kittie Kit Cause a scene Beach Master sku-KKCS M002 and a sail boat twice  from Kittie Kit Cause a Scene day at The Beach #4 sku- KKCS S004.  I wanted my sail boats to be silhouettes, so I colored them in with a black journaling pen.  The sentiment is Rubbernecker Best Wishes Set sku-600.  Using a white gel pen add some waves to the edges of the islands by adding dots and small squiggles, some small waves to the lake and some wake to where the boats of been.......



Here is the finished card......




Here is one with a bit of Stream brayered at the horizon line as well.










Blog Award.....



Yesterday I was so surprised and honored to receive  this Blog Award  all the way from Verona, Italy from Sonia at Passioni di carta.  Check out her blog, she makes such pretty things there~TALENT GALORE there!!!   This award  is to wish good luck and I am to pass it on to 10 bloggers that have fresh ideas and that have blogs that I admire.  Thank you sooo much Sonia for making my month and giving me this honor.!! It is very hard to choose only 10 since there are so many talented crafters that inspire me!!  I am giving this award to these ever  so talented ladies......


Shirley
Carol
Emily
Benzi
Kittie
Anne
Kecia
Karen
Juliana
Julia

Blogaversary Candy Winner is..........

Congratulations Ladybug!!!!! Send me your Real name and Mailing address to ellentaylor38@yahoo.ca and I will send your package of stamping toys out Tuesday morning when I return from visiting my oldest daughter. 

  1. Happy happy blogaversary! :-) I'm your newest follower! Found you on your "hop" and so glad I did. Your creations and sharing of same is fabulous!

    Someone is going to be one very happy camper winning your blog candy. (hope it's me!) :-) Thanks for the chance!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I have had such fun giving away this candy that I will be giving away more stampin' goodies more often! Welcome to all of my new followers I know I am going to enjoy checking out all of your blogs!!

Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulous weekend!!!
Hugs,
Ellen













24 comments:

  1. wow, Ellen your card is sooo gorgeous!!! thank you for the fab tutorial,, woohhh i dont think if i can do this..LOL (envy to your talent)

    congratulations to the lucky winner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card! Great scene!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A big congrats to Ladybug6. She is going to have fun with these goodies. Yippee for her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops, I see this is one post.....I have to say your card is fabulous. I wish I could take brayering lessons from you. I only had one class in brayering and it didn't take. LOL I need a lot of practice.
    Thanks for the award, Ellen. I'm really honored that you're giving it to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a wonderfull card!!! Super! Congratulations to the candy winner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ellen thanks so much for your tutorial :) This card is a piece of art:) Thanks for your sweer words for me and my blog.
    You are a talented woman and I have to learn from you :)
    Congrats to the lucky winner:)
    Hugs,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  7. GO to bed, Ellen......Bwahaaaaaaa YKWIM

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ellen, Thank you for the surprise this morning of passing on the Italian Good Luck Blog Award to me ! I'm very honoured. I'll visit Sonia's and the other's Blogs later tonight. (I'm hosting a craft group today). Congratuations to the winner of your awesome candy.

    Your scenery creation is Gorgeous, I LOVE it ! Your tutorial is excellent. I appreciate all the time you take to prepare tutorials, I'm sure a lot more blogger friends appreciate it as well. I'm going to give it a try. I love my Brayer, don't get it out enough.

    I don't have any sail boat stamps and have been 'needing' one, will check out the designs you used and order :) Have a fabulous weekend and thanks again for the award, you are too kind ! Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Ellen, what a terrific surprise this morning!!! Thank you so much for the Blog Award:) I am so very flattered!

    I love your scene, it's beautiful. Thanks so much for the tutorial, it will really help me with brayering. I don't get my brayer out very often either. In fact, it's probably very dusty lol.

    Have a great weekend!
    Hugs,
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  10. well congratulations to the winner.
    ellen thank you for given it.

    your card is stunning love it, great scenery and tutorial.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card!!! Congrats on your Blog Award all the way from Verona, Italy!!! How fun is that?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats to the winner and thanks Ellen for the chance to win!
    Also congrats with your award!
    Love the card you make, it's gorgeous!
    xoxo Berlinde

    ReplyDelete
  13. What wonderful brayered lake scenes Ellen! I just can NOT brayer - I much prefer sponging! love the froth of the waves on your boats and crested waves - beautiful!! and Thanks so much for thinking of me for the award! have a super weekend GF!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. VERAMENTE BELLA LA CARD.....COMPLIMENTI AL VINCITORE...E COMPLIMENTI PER IL PREMIO

    CIAO DA ALE

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, Ellen!! Well, aren't you just the sweetest??? Thanks so much for awarding me this lovely blog award! That means the world to me!! I loved seeing your gorgeous brayered card. WOW!! That scene is fantastic and so well put-together. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Эллен!Открытка просто шедевр! Потрясающе красиво! Вы просто умница! Спасибо за такой подробный мастер класс! Поздравляю победителя с выигрышем конфетки! Спасибо, Эллен, за возможность познакомиться с вами!

    ReplyDelete
  17. such work of art! beautiful.

    Luanne

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card. Can't wait to try this tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This card looks gorgeous! Thanks for the tutorial!

    Wishing you a wonderful Sunday!
    Gaby

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, this card is so beautiful, love the brayered background and the great scene. Congrat's to the winner of the blog candy.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ellen, OMG --- I was totally in AWE w/ the brayered pic. and was about to leave a comment about it, but then kept cursoring down to discover. . . that I had won your blog candy??!!! :-)

    I sent you an e-mail and mentioned:- "I am soooooooo flabbergasted/happy/gobsmacked about this.", which I'll mention here, too! LOL

    Thank you sooooooo much for choosing me!!! I am beyond excited! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a stunningly beautiful card, Ellen! Your brayering is so well blended. I really appreciate the pictures showing how you did yours. I hope you had a fab time with your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  23. OMG, Ellen....your card is absolutely gorgeous!!!! You make brayering look sooo easy...thanks for the tutorial!!! When I do this I get more ink on me than the paper...LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Эллен, потрясающий мастер-класс!!! Спасибо!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!