Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Sunday, 3 June 2012

Cupcakes and Punch Art~SS18




Happy Sunday Everyone!!



It's time for another Stampin' Sisterhood Challenge!


Our challenges are now monthly, so you have lots of time to play along. There are two ways you could win an awesome Rubbernecker stamp set of your choice. To find out how to play and see how to win.....just pop over to the Stampin' Sisterhood Blog.  


Our fearless leader Jacquie has come up with this fun inspiration photo......

I took the photo quite literally! I love the colors together and those sweet cupcake plates and I didn't have a stamp so I decided to make some punch art ones. Here is how they were put together.....

Punch out a small oval for the plate base.














To make the lip of the plate just slide the punch up just a smidge higher over the oval hole that you created in your card stock when you punched the first oval out. Clear as mud?







Punch another oval and cut it in half length wise. You will only need 1 piece. 












I sponged all the edges lightly with Memento London Fog to create some shadows and give it more dimension.












I sponged these a little darker just so you could see it. I also sponged a 1/4 strip of card stock that I didn't photograph.










Adhere them all together and you have a cupcake stand. Just perfect for my sweet cupcake from Rubbernecker's Party Set sku:439!!

To color my cupcakes I used a blender pen and Vintage Photo Distress Ink, finishing the base of the cupcake off with more ink and a sponge dauber around the edges to create the highlight in the center.
For the icing I stamped the cupcakes again and just sponged Barn Door Distress Ink. I cut them out and popped them up, adding Stardust Stickles and some Lemondrop Twine from The Twinery.

I stamped my sentiment which is also from the Rubbernecker's Party Set sku:439 with Memento Rich Cocoa and popped it all up over a sizzix Dots Embossed layer. Added some more Twine.






We would be tickled if you played along with us! Pop on over to The Stampin' Sisterhood to play along and don't forget to check out what my talented Sisters have made! The links to all of their blogs is in my sidebar.  I hope you also check back on June 5th as we are having a combined Blog Hop with The Twinery.


Welcome to all my new followers! I will be checking out all of your blogs when I get caught up from my retreat and get my flowers in the garden!! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!!
Ellen

Supplies~
Ink~Memento London Fog and Rich Cocoa, Ranger's Distress Inks-Vintage Photo and Barn Door
Accessories~Lemondrop Twine, Pop Dots, Stardust Stickles, Sizzix Dots EF, Sponge Daubers, Blender Pen, EK Success Sm Oval Punch.
Stamps~
Rubbernecker's Party Set Sku:439

Party Time

13 comments:

  1. yummie these are looking great and delicious ellen.
    beautiful and sweet card.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so smart, my friend! Awesome punch work and your cupcakes are yummy! Sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your creative cupcake stands Ellen! thanks for sharing the how to! and your cupcakes are just yummy! A perfect card from the inspiration photo!

    Anne and I had a great time with Dave at the stamp show - lots of people buying lots of RN stamps on both days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You continue to amaze me Ellen! This is just fabulous! I love the punch work you did and those cupcakes look like I could just reach out and lick the icing off!

    ReplyDelete
  5. El dahling, I swear everything you touch ... turns to gold. I know I keep saying the same thing, but it's absolutley true. Just look at what you've done with this card! It's perfectly yummy and so sweet. The colors are great together and the coloring ... oh, that's another thing that always makes things look like gold. You are a master with all things creative. Love and Hugs and over and out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, Ellen!!!!! You have made a real masterpiece here!!!!! Only you could create the cake stands just like the inspiration photo and the little cupcakes look soooo yummy.....this is absolutely FABULOUS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You think of the most creative things to do, Ellen. Love the cake stand and your cupcakes look so inviting. Yummy! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ellen, this is just so cute! I love that you showed how you made the cupcake stands! Ingenious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is adorable, Ellen! I love the little cupcake stands you made!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Ellen, This is so cute, yummy & creative ! I love that your take on the photo is so literal ! It's perfect ! Great tutorial as well. Have a great week, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  11. AAACK!
    Way too cute!
    Those pedestals are CUTE!

    BRILLIANT!!!! just Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just LOVE those sweet, sweet cupcakes, Ellen!! They look good enough to eat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yowsers, girl! You nailed the challenge with your wonderful punch art! Thanks so much for the tutorial. Your instructions are the best and you are so generous to share with us.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!