Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Monday, 11 June 2012

Fun with Glitter Ritz ~ Glitter Lace Background Tutorial




Hello Friends!

I have a Wedding or Anniversary card to share with you that was a make and take  that I designed for the Pampered Crafter's Sorority Retreat.  The girls had lots of fun making this one.

Let me show you how to create this Lacey Glittery background made with Elizabeth Craft  Micro Fine Glitter Ritz.  Bear with my photos, it's very hard to do this technique and take pixs at the same time with no tripod , when the sun is setting and trying to photograph shiny things.  You can use any colors but I used Silver and Warm Highlights.


Before you start make sure you have copy paper or some time of scratch paper under your project.  Cut some Scor-Tape or Be Creative Tape the same size as the cardstock . Peel the backing off and attach it to the cardstock.


Once attached to the card stock peel the protective covering off.  Be careful not to touch the sticky part that you are exposing.  (Don't throw this part away as you can use it another time for masking, here  is the link of a previous post on what you can use this for.... Glitter Ritz Masking Tutorial).



Take a piece of lace that is a little bit larger than the cardstock and stretch it out over the cardstock.  You want your lace to be the really thin kind.  Thick chunky lace does not turn out very nicely (don't waste your time or supplies).


I used the Silver Glitter Ritz first.  It has more impact as the more predominant color for the background.
Pour it over the lace. Don't be afraid that you are wasting your glitter....most of it goes right back into the bottle.  A very little bit goes a very long way.


Burnish the glitter into the cardstock by rubbing the glitter in a circular motion into the cardstock with your fingers.


Using a soft brush brush the glitter off onto the scratch paper. I am not very gentle here. Don't forget to brush the backside of the cardstock as well, there will be rogue glitter on the back too.

Remove the lace, it just peels off quite easily (don't throw the lace away, you can use it over and over again).  I brush the lace off and  and then brush the brush off.  Go over the cardstock with the clean brush to make sure you have all the glitter off. This keeps you from getting silver glitter in your next color.


All of the excess glitter should be on your scratch paper now.  Just pick up the paper and pour the glitter back into the bottle.


With fresh scratch paper under your project, simply repeat the process by pouring over your light color.   I used Warm Highlights Glitter Ritz.




Burnish it in well with your fingers.....


Brush it of really well front and back....



This creates such a pretty background!


To create my card I stamped a sentiment from  Rubbernecker's Best Wishes Set sku:600 in Versamark and embossed it with silver embossing powder on a Spellbinders Fancy Tag and popped it up with pop dots.  I just discovered the coolest thing.....Viva Pearl Pen...love it you can make your pearls any size you want and they round out all on their own.  I added a couple of Spellbinders Scalloped Hearts in Silver Mirror Paper and some White Satin Ribbon.  I matted it on a white layer and the a layer of Silver Mirror Paper. I popped it all up on a white card base.  Very little supplies and big impact!




Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulous day!
Ellen

14 comments:

  1. Как красиво,спасибо за Мастер класс,если можно я попробую повторить))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this is a gorgeous wedding card ellen.
    love what you did with the background thanks for the tutorial.
    beautiful made.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is beautiful, thanks for the tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous & Elegant card Ellen ! Awesome Tutorial as well. Thanks for taking the time to share the details. I've tried this once a while back, have to give it a go again ! Have a wonderful day ! Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Ellen! Thanks for this fabulous card and the tutorial:It's a super idea,lace backgroud with glitter embossed :)
    Hugs,
    SOnia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ellen,a wonderful postcard! Thank you for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was great fun to make this super elegant creation at the retreat, Ellen! It was surely a big hit with all the attendees!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah ha, El dahling, so this was one of the cards your attendees made! wow, now I know I should have been there. This is drop dead gorgeous, that's what this is. Hugs Over and out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're the best! What an elegant and awesome card. Super tutorial, too.
    Thanks for my birthday wishes...it was a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Ellen,I'm here again...I gave you an award, passing by me, I hope you will please:)
    Hugs,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun way to make a beautiful glittery lace background Ellen! thanks for all the pics on how to!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ellen this is so lovely! I remember using lace and glitter, it's such fun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Che spettacolo!!!!!!! Sei bravissima, è interessantissimo il tuo blog e pieno di idee, voglio imparare questa tecnica. Tantissimi complimenti
    Emi

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the use of lace! Beautiful card!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!