Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Thursday, 21 June 2012

Glittered Fuchsia


Happy Thursday Everyone!

Yesterday I made a card with three Memory Box Fuchsia Sprigs. I am way to cheap to throw out the negatives of die cuts!  So I am back to show you another way to use these negatives.  Eek! Another bad photogragh~ The glitter and the seam binding in the card above is actually rose colored.

I cut a Spellbinders Scalloped Rectangle and cut the negative Fuchsia out with a Spellbinders Rectangle. I stamped Rubbernecker's Morning Glory Frame Sku:523 and trimmed the edges off to create a smaller frame. I sponged these pieces with Memento Dessert Sand and the Memento Rich Cocoa. I stamped the Love sentiment from Rubbernecker's Discover Word Set Sku 627-13
with Rich Cocoa as well. I love this set!  The script is beautiful and all the words are fabulous!

I put some  Tombow glue on the Scalloped Rectangle.


I poured some Rose colored glitter over it. Don't forget to have scratch paper under this so you can pour all the excess glitter back into the bottle. (When I was creating this post, I discovered that I forgot to take a photo of this. I quickly did this to take a photo, that is why the edges are not sponged).  This is the true color of the glitter, a photographer, I am not!


On the back side of the rectangle, add some pop dots..
Adhere it over the glittered rectangle.... See, easy peasy and made something pretty out of something that normally would have been thrown out.


 Here are some photos of how to pleat the ribbon for the visual learner......


I hope this has inspired you to think about what you throw in the trash...penny saved, a penny earned right!



Thanks for stopping by and have a most fabulous day!!
Ellen

13 comments:

  1. A beautiful card Ellen, what a great idea to use the negatives! Thanks for the inspiration!
    Hugs, Berlinde

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a "bookmarker!" Thanks so much for the instructions.
    Elaine Lawson

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ellen, Stunning card, love it and the use of the negative. And while I'm looking at your beautiful ribbon & bow wondering how you make it I realize that you've included a tutorial ! Yay ! Thank you ! Some colours never want to be photographed properly I find. It's frustrating. But it looks beautiful ! Have a great day, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning!!!! Thanks so much for this fabulous tutorial!!!! Your cards are fabulous and I scrolled down to the orange flower one as well. LOVE that one too!!!!! I am going to follow you on pinterest. If it's ok I am going to pin this card so I can come back to it in case I forget. It's just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow ellen very elegant and gorgeous cards.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  6. So elegant! What beautiful details you created. A work of art!
    Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, amazing! Such an elegant card. Love the way you did the ribbon. Pretty blog, too.

    Lesley @ Trendy Twine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, these are so beautiful, love the glittery background, what a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice and lovely! Hugs, Sonya!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous way to use that negative and the glitter makes it stand out sooooo pretty. Beautiful ribbon, too, and thanks for the tute. Hope you're having a super weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that pleated ribbon, I'll have to try that:) The card is gorgeous and what a terrific way to use negative space!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Leave to Canada's most talented stamper to create such a striking card. Using the negative is really a great idea, El dahling. Love the glitter too. Hugs and love. Over and out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW!!! What a fabulous card!!! Thanks sooo much for the tutorial...I have got to give this a try!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!