Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Saturday, 9 June 2012

Graduation Invitations for a Princess



Hello Friends!

I have been working on some graduation invitations for a sweet young friend of mine.  Ashten wanted her invitations to reflect her dress instead of the traditional style of grad invites.

I used  only the plain dress in this template........

I cut the top of the dress off  and used the top part of a punched heart punch to create the top part.  I sponged it with Adirondack Pink Sherbet and added Stampendous Pink Pastel Glitter.  I cut the skirt out of vellum and layered it over top before adhering  some pink ribbon to the waist and under the bust with Scor-tape.  The roses are cut from some ribbon that I think is made by Maya Road.  I added some Kaiser rhinestones, The sentiment is from a set called Introducing by Stampin' Up! It was stamped with Versafine Black Onyx and Clear Embossed.  I mounted the dress on a layer that was embossed with a Sizzix folder, from the Sugar and Starry Night Set that had been inked first with memento Angel Pink before running it through the Machine.

I won't get to see Ashten graduate.  I will be off to Vancouver to help move my brother and his family to Lacombe, I am so excited about that!  I was lucky enough to see Ashten in her dress last night when I drop off her invitations.  I think see looks like a princess!!


  This very corny, heartfelt message is just for Ashten....

When I first met you when you were in grade 8, I was so impressed with your selflessness! You have been there always ready and willing to lent a hand  when most teenagers wouldn't.  It has been a joy to watch you grow into such an AMAZING, SMART, BEAUTIFUL young lady!  Congratulations on your graduation!  I know you will make the world a better place and will achieve any goals you aspire to.  The world is yours now go out a get it!  It is a complete honor to know you!!!!
 



Thanks for stopping by today!
Ellen

Supplies~
Ink~versafine-Onyx Black, Adirondack-Pink Sherbert, Memento-Angel Pink
Paper~Pink, White and Paper Vellum
Stamps~SU-Introducing
Accessories~ Dress Template, Sixxix Sugar and Starry Night EF Set, Kaiser Rhinestones, Sponge, Pop Dots, Clear Embossing Powder, Stampendous Pink Glitter, 1/8" Pink Ribbon, Maya Road Rose Ribbon, Scor-Tape, Punches-Designer Label, Heart, Lg Oval.

15 comments:

  1. bellissima l'idea del vestito
    ciao da ale

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card ellen and a gorgeous girl on the picture.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Красивая открыточка! Платьеце восхитительно!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautuful card!!! And young Lady so attractive!!! Good luck to your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Ellen, this is gorgeous and SO creative ! It's perfect for the beautiful princess grad. Love the flowers on this card. I hope you are having a fabulous weekend and that you got all your flowers in ! Have a great week, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, Ellen and beautiful young woman....what a great verse for the card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. очень красивое приглашение!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous invitation card Ellen!
    xoxo Berlinde

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a gorgeous, princess-y invitation! I think you captured her beautiful dress just perfectly. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful original card Ellen!
    And really beautiful woman :)
    Hugs,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, this is a fabulous and one-of-a-kind type invitation for your pretty friend. I'm sure she is very pleased.

    Thanks for my birthday wishes. Sooooo, I should be glad I didn't hear any singing, just reading the song? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Ellen, that card is just beautiful!!! I've used that template for a wedding card, but never thought about altering it for a different formal!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous invitations! That is so great and it does look just like her dress, what a lucky girl! personalized invitations.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ashten totally looks like a princess and your grad card is exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Not only does Ashten have a beautiful name, she is beautiful inside and out. :-) The invitation you created for her, Ellen, is simply beautiful. Matches her dress perfectly. TFS! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!