Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Wednesday, 6 June 2012

Pampered Crafter's Sorority Retreat



I thought I would share some of the photos of our first Pampered Crafter's Sorority Retreat.  It was a sold out event, and a huge success. Yippee! To the left of me is my ever so fun and fabulous partner and Sorority Sister Diane.  We work so well together since we are both easy going and love a good time and we had a total blast!!!  Twenty wonderful women all out for a weekend of giggles, silliness, lots of make and takes, games, prizes, surprises, more prizes, pj parties,and more prizes. We really lucked out with the ladies that attended, they were a ton of fun!

These are my sweet, sweet friends from Seattle, M and Betsy.  You might know them on SCS as Stamp Muse and Maguire Designs. I was so sad to see them go home, I enjoyed their visit so much! A week is way to short!!  These pix were taken at the end of the weekend when we were all suffering from sleep deprivation but still giggling.


Add Diane and Dodie aka Camera Girl to the pix.  Dodie is the one that keeps me sane when I "over volunteer".  She is right there helping cut for school projects and is my Vanna White and right hand crafter in my school options class. Just couldn't do it with out her and of course all the kids LOVE her (almost as much as I do)!

M had the girls dancing in the aisles and up jitterbugging at the pj party.  This is Teresa, shaking what her Momma gave her. Such fun!!

We had to check and see if anyone had Botox treatments and played face the cookie. What a hoot!! Carolyn ate hers. Lots of giggles. No Botox in the house!!~LOL  Lanette did awesome with the cookie and she totaly rocked my brayer class!  It was such fun to watch her create!  This week I will be creating a tutorial for the Brayered card we made.


This is Rachelle and Jackie.  Sisters with infectious laughs!!  I met Jackie at the Copic Certification class and she decided to join us and bring her sister.  I could spend more time with these girls!!  Jackie really inspired me with a project she was working on.  She owns  The Scrapbook Studio in Llyodminster, Alberta. Check it out if you are in the area!



We had prizes going all weekend, so nobody went home without feeling like a winner.  We had 3 grand prizes.  Dodie won the painting she wanted so badly . It was donated by a very talented Pen and Ink artist from our area (THANK YOU!)~Value PRICELESS!  Noelle and Andrea won the other 2 grand prizes a value of $360.00 each. There were a multitude of goodies in those bags ranging from Scor-pals , Becca's Bowmaker, Cricut Cartridges, Stamps, bling and so much more.


I will be back with more photos and blog posts of some of the projects we did.  Thanks for an AWESOME weekend ladies!!!

Oh yeah, and this is what you do after a weekend of lots of fun and very little sleep......



Of course, you go for group massages,body wraps and facials!!

Have a fabulous day and thanks for stopping by!
Ellen



12 comments:

  1. so it seems you had a wonderful and great time ellen.
    fabulous pictures.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks as if you had a blast. So fun to stamp and create and laugh with friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like you had some serious fun! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you ladies had some serious fun ! Thx for sharing your photos ! Have a great day, Shirley x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Ellen! what a fun gathering! Wish I could have come! Looks like everyone had a great time - can't wait to see what you made - and that spa treatment at the end looks just lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ellen, so glad you shared these FUN photos. And, there is M cookin up some good times for all, I see. I'm green with envy. Hey, I love that last photo of you in the pink wrap and those 'to die for' sunglasses.
    I can see everyone had a blast...let the good times roll.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had a FABULOUS time, Ellen!! These photos were such fun to browse through. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like everyone had a great time! I'll be looking forward to seeing more photos and what you all created at the party!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a blast!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh and the photo evidence of the good time had by all! What a great event, Ellen! You and Diane knocked it out of the ballpark. Everyone felt extraordinarily pampered, loved and totally creative! Thanks and huge hugs for a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a good time was had by all! Love your feather boa, Ellen! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!