Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Sunday, 24 June 2012

Vintage Birds



My oldest daughter Jessica works at The Birds of Prey Foundation giving tours to school groups, feeding, caring and bird flight demonstrations.  Last Sunday during a school tour she fell and broke her radial head (the round disc in your elbow).  She is a tough cookie, she completed the tour before going to the hospital.  They thought it could be mended with pins but had to replace the radial head.  I knew I would make her a card with birds on it.

Today on SCS the featured stamper is Laura ODonnell I was inspired by this card  she made with birds.  Check her gallery out, it is full of inspiration!

I stamped Impression Obsessions Hang in There F8726  and Love You C8558 with TsukinekoVersafine Vintage Sepia and clear embossed it. We are all avid bird lovers at my house and I just love this image!!! I colored the clothespins with a Memento Desert Sand marker and lightly sponged the edges with Desert Sand and a tad of Memento Rich Cocoa while it was still in a Spellbinders Rectangle die. Added a little red heart that was sponged with Rich Cocoa. Popped up the image on a Spellbinders Rectangle.  The Background is Impression Obsessions Cover-A-Card Music CC029 done the same way as the main image and added some piercing for some faux stitching and connected it with a Rich Cocoa marker.  SCS's free For All Challenge is  F4A122-Piercin' it .  I punched a border with an EK Success Scalloped Scallop border punch and added some gorgeous pleated ribbon, lace, pin.  I popped it up on a card base and decided it still needed something and added a Spellbinders Parisan Accent to crown the image and a rhinestone to the bow.

We have Tree Swallows that nest every year in our backyard. Sadly we had a storm and the Mama bird didn't make it through the storm, so these eggs were done for. I had to remove the eggs so the male could find another mate and nest in the same box~ Papa bird found another mate and is happily nesting again.   

Thanks for stopping by and have a most fabulous day!!
Ellen

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful elegant card Ellen:)
    Cute image:)Lovely paper and ribbon:)
    Big hug,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a perfect and most gorgeous card for your daughter. So sorry about her accident. That had to hurt.
    I'm a bird lover, too, and think these images are fabulous.

    Glad you shared the awesome bird photos. I hate to hear about the Mama bird but looks like the male moved on and is back to the business of creating. :-) It's a 'man' thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ellen, first your card is gorgeous. Love your bows, stunning ! I really love brown & blues together. Second, I hope your daughter makes a quick recovery, but sounds like it will take time with the surgery. Ouch ! Third, what a beautiful photo of the swallow and such a sweet story about them as well. Have a great week, Shirley x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous card Ellen, I love the image, so cute!!
    I hope your daughter is feeling better.
    Hugs, Berlinde

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colors are perfect - blue and brown are so pretty.
    Poor daughter
    Poor Mama bird:(

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a very beautiful card again ellen.
    that ribbon is fabulous and such a great color.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous card, Ellen...the bird image with the sponging around the edges looks awesome and I love the colors, ribbon, and diecuts you used!!!!! I am sooo sorry about your daughter's broken elbow...sounds like quite a surgery....I'm sending lots of hugs and prayers for a complete recovery!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, Ellen!!! She will love this. Interesting about her elbow. I fell and broke mine, but waited a month to see a doctor. Don't ask......then I had 2 months of therapy. LOLOL Hope she has a really speedy and good recovery. Your card is a gorgeous keepsake too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!