Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Wednesday, 4 July 2012

Easy Handy Bag Tutorial



I made it  home from my trip to B.C. to move my brother and his family to Alberta, YIPPEE!!, and I have a project to share with you....


This was one of the make and takes for the  Pampered Crafter's Sorority Retreat. I had to giggle when I asked my friend Dodie aka Camera Girl what to call this bag, she replied that it is an "EASY HANDY BAG" since I use it for Easter baskets, Christmas gift Bags, Card holders, last minute birthday bags and just about anything.. You know she is right, it's dang handy!!!~  This is one of the favorite projects of the kids at school to make since it is so easy to make and we give them lots of candy to fill it with at Easter...hmmm could just be the candy.   Diane and I made one for each of the retreat attendees and filled them with all sorts of little things to pamper themselves with. Then they got to learn how to make it.


Here is the measurements and basic fold directions......

Score a 12 x 12 piece of card stock at 4 1/2" and 7 1/2" .  I went over the score lines with a pencil, only so you could see them better.......



Rotate 90 degrees and score at 3" and 9" ......


Fold all score lines very well.....


If you would like to stamp anything on your bag, now is the time to stamp. I didn't photograph this part, but I stamped Rubbernecker's Flourish #1 sku:611-01 with Memento Rich Cocoa...


Flourish #1


Fold the outer center score lines to meet the score lines as shown below. 



I am supporting the inside corner with my finger so I can get a crisp clean score line.  It has to be exactly on the score line for it to fold together properly......



Burnish your fold with a bone folder. 

You will do this with all four corners.....

Use a strong adhesive to adhere the flap in,  I used Scor-Tape.....

Adhere the second flap ... do this on both ends of the bag...

This is what your bag sides should look like......



I made handles that measure 3/4" by 12 and strengthened them by adding a strip of ribbon over them with Scor-Tape.  I attached them with brads and because I am so anal about  brad backs showing I covered them with some circles that I punched out of scrap paper.


I added a punched border (EK Success Scrolls and Dots) and some brown grosgrain ribbon.  I die cut 2 Sizzix#2 Daisies and sponged them with Memento Summer Sky before layering them together. I added a dollar store rhinestone to the center and tucked some pins into it.  To finish it off I added some Frosted Lace Stickles to the tips of the flowers and the Flourish.



Thanks for stopping by and have a most fabulous day!!!
Ellen



12 comments:

  1. I'm not usually a big fan of flowers, but I really like this one!! I prefer the look of paper flowers to the silk ones. This bag is sooooo pretty, the color combination just makes it sing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous creation Ellen and useful tutorial:)Thanks!
    I love the flourish...so elegant and good idea add glitter:)
    The big flower is stunning:)
    Hugs and kisses,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, love this beautiful 'Easy Handy Bag' :-).
    The flourish and daisy are so yummy. Thanks for a super tutorial. Maybe someday (in my spare time) Ha I can make one of these. I would sure love to try.

    Have a super duper weekend, Ellen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great little bag Ellen! Pretty colors and flourish! You sure could fit a lot in there! thanks for the how to!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful done ellen, fabulous bag.
    thanks for the tutorial.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful Ellen, thanks for the tutorial!
    Hugs, Berlinde

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful bag, Ellen, with really clear, wonderful instructions - thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ellen, I don't know how I missed this post, but somehow I did ! Glad I found it and that you are back to Alberta ! What a beautiful paper purse ! Would be a great gift bag. Awesome Tutorial as well. I hope your weekend is going well, have fun with your family :) Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  9. El dahling, this is so amazing. I love your tutorial ... I'm thinking that even someone with as little talent as I have ... just might be able to follow along and come up with an easy handy bag! I'm so glad Larry and his family are close by. Did you drive the truck? LIfe is wonderful when you have family nearby.
    BTW, sign me up for next year's festivities! When do you need a deposit? Hugs and Love. Over and out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This turned out just gorgeous! Thanks for the detailed tutorial...may have to have a run at this one!!!

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great tutorial! I love your bag and that color combo is still one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You always a fabulous tutorial waiting for me, Ellen...I looove this!!! Your little bag is beautiful...I'll have to give this a try!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!