Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Wednesday, 11 July 2012

Partial Background Stamping Tutorial



Sometimes I don't want a solid background image, so your eye is drawn to the sentiment or another focal point.  Here is the super simple way to achieve this......

Ink your image. I am using Rubbernecker's Wire Grid Panel Sku:573 and inking it with Stampin' up River Rock........

Using a baby wipe, randomly remove some ink.....


Stamp your card stock.....



Voila.....


I stamped  the "thinking of you" sentiment from Rubbernecker's Best Wishes Set sku:600 in Memento Tuxedo Black.


Here is the finished card......

Supplies~
Stamps~
 Rubbernecker's Wire Grid Panel Sku:573
 Rubbernecker's Best Wishes Set sku:600

Memory Box Dies~
Twirling Vine Frame, Ringed Buckle, Prim Poppy

Ink~ Memento Tuxedo Black, SU- River Rock

Paper~
Black, White, River Rock

Accessories~
Maya Road Pin, Pop Dots, White Satin Ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon, Pearl from Making Memories (Thanks Pam!!).


On a personal note.....
I just came back from  British Columbia. I am so thrilled that my brother and his family have moved here to Lacombe!! These are some photos of my travel mates and some sights along the way for those of you that have never been through the B.C. mountains or Jasper National Park in Alberta.....

 Wild Elk with velvet covered antlers......
Wild Mountain Sheep, looking a little mangy since they are just shedding their winter coats.......

My niece Stella was quite fascinated ......

Jasper National Park is one of the prettiest places I have ever scene. The colors of the water is second to none!


We followed the truck and trailer filled with all there worldly possessions, driving my SIL's car. What a fun trip!! Here is my travelling companions......

My niece Stella....
My nephew Sam.....
My Sister in Law Stephanie ( Yup, this was a tinkle stop~LOL)....

And the Smokey I met along the way ( Yup, I got a speeding ticket).....
It was good to get home!!!

Thanks for stopping by today. I appreciate your comments and visits!  Have a most fabulous day!!
Hugs,
Ellen




9 comments:

  1. Ellen, (or should I say Sissy) :-) your card is a beauty, of course. They always are.
    I'm so glad you shared the photos of the gorgeous scenery. Wow..it is beautiful there! I agree, those sheep were really mangy. Ha
    What some cutie patooties in your niece and nephew. I can imagine your excitement in having them nearby.
    What...you got a speeding ticket? Too bad. What a meanie. Ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Открытка,слов нет КРАСОТА!!!!!!! Как бы я хотела иметь такие вырубки)))) Природа и вода просто необыкновенные, даже не думала что бывает такой цвет воды - лазуревый)))
    С уважением Надежда

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Ellen ! First, your card is gorgeous, very elegant, love the colours and die cuts. Second, thanks for the tutorial, great idea ! Third, WOW gorgeous photos inluding the wildlife, too funny that you even took one of 'Smokey'. I'm lucky I've driven from BC to Calgary through the Rockies, they are breathtaking. I've also was lucky to visit Jasper (on another trip) and indeed it is one of the most beautiful places ! Your niece & nephew look adorable, have a great time ! Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful elegant card Ellen:)Thanks for another idea!
    The photos are really fantastic...I adore all anomala and nature life:)
    The baby and the little woman are sooooooo sweet:)
    Kisses,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow what a stunning and gorgeous card ellen.
    very elegant.
    your pictures are awesome.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  6. The card is stunning!! I love the background technique. BC is gorgeous! My son just got back from Montana and the Glacier National Park right near the Canadian border. He said it was beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. love the colors and the great card design

    ReplyDelete
  8. El darhling, what a delight to come for a visit and see 2 amazing creations! One, of course, is your card, and the other is the beautiful canadian mountains! You are a fascinating woman, El. You have incredible talents and then, as if that wasnt enough, you have a heart that's as large as the country you live. Yes, I'm happy for you that Larry is in Lacombe with his family. I think it's great that u 2 are so close. You're opening another beautiful chapter in life, so enjoy and embrace. Over and out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing those gorgeous photos! The kids are too darn cute and the scenery amazing.
    Love how you've combined different die cuts and the black is so striking. Beautiful card.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!