Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Monday, 6 August 2012

Blissful Backgrounds TLC389 and DTGD Cards





Today's Technique Challenge 389 on Spiltcoaststampers is all about Blissful Backgrounds. Judy has challenged us to choose any technique for backgrounds from SCS Resources and make a card.  The above card was created by with the Emboss Resist technique.  I stamped Rubbernecker's 10 Point Ornament with Versamark on light pink  card stock and embossed it with clear powder.  I sponged Paris Dusk Distress Ink in the center of the ornament and Victorian Velvet Distress Ink over the rest of the ornament.    I hand cut up a small navy circle and added an over sized pearl in the center, as well as a small banner tag and stamped a sentiment from Rubbernecker's Best Wishes Set. The navy corners are made with a die from Cuttlebug.  I adorned the ornament with lots of tiny pearls.  I thought this image would look great on an Easel Card.  I punched a Martha Stewart Lattice border punch  and finished it off with a Navy satin bow.




  This also qualifies for DTGDAndreaEwan.
Bad lighting for my pix sorry!  You all can laugh but here is the inspiration for my colors ......



This next card is for DTGDLilLuvsStampin, DTGDUnderstandblue and DTGDBasilefamily......



I stamped Rubbernecker's Netting Background Stamp on bright pink cardstock with Picked Raspberry Distress ink and Embossed with clear embossing powder. I sponged the Picked Raspberry around all the edges.  I adhered orange 3/4" circles that had been sponged with Ripe Persimmon Distress ink. Then I dry embossed it with Sizzix Dots Embossing Folder.  I also sponged the card base the coordinating ink.  I used the EK Success 3/8" Ribbon Slot punch on white cardstock and threaded some orange satin ribbon through it and bordered it with bright pink Satin ribbon. I stamped Rubbernecker's All Great Things with Picked Raspberry on a Spellbinder die cut and also embossed it. Added a couple of Bobunny pearls and called it done.

This one is for DTGDMothermark, DTGDKittie747, DTGDCookiestamper.......


It's so hard to photograph Silver Mirror paper!  My sentiment is from Rubbernecker's Discover Word Set and stamped with Versafine Black Onyx and embossed. The sweet birds and leaves are from SU 2 Step Bird Punch. The tulle and wedding bells are from Micheals.  Here is the same card done in white with pleated ribbon and a different sentiment.....


Thanks for stopping by!
Have a fabulous day!
Ellen


8 comments:

  1. Busy little beaver! The first one's technique turned out beautifully and love the corners. Love the bold oranges and pinks and the second. And the ribbon and embossing in the next ones are so pretty. All of these cards are gorgeous.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh, these are super cards. I wish I could have played in all the DTGD challenges, but not possible. Love your 'vaseline' color inspiration. Girl, you are too funny. But, look how awesome those colors look!
    Have a super day, gf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Просто супер, с птичками так вообще отпад!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have made gorgeous cards Ellen the card on top is my favorite.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely set of cards Ellen! The easel card is so beautiful with that embossed ornament. Lovely colors for the second one and the last two are so sweet with the little birds. Very pretty wedding cards!
    Big hug, Berlinde

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of your cards seriously rock! That background technique card is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have made some fabulous cards, Ellen...the background you created or the TLC challenge is sooo pretty and I love all the DTGD cards you made!!! I was only able to s\
    do three of the challenges...sigh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Привет, Эллен! Все открытки великолепны, но больше всех мне понравилась самая первая, она такая интересная по технике исполнения, очень здорово! А с птичками напоминает зиму и птичек на снегу!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!