Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Wednesday, 8 August 2012

It's A Man's World~Cracked Glass

I made this card for Impression Obsession's It's a Man's World Challenge  using SCS Sketch Layout 396.  This Doctor's Bag H1831 image is perfect for the Cracked Glass Technique.  It was stamped in Versafine Vintage Sepia and colored with Copics.  I hand wrote "Hugs & Love" on the prescription with a Vintage Photo Distress Ink Marker.  I splattered a little bit of watered down white acylic pain in the ink bottle area with a toothbrush.  Next I cover the image with Tsukeniko Versamark and embossed with Ultra Thick Embossing Powder, TWICE.  I  over distressed the image to make it look really old by bending and cracking it a little more than normally I would for cracked glass.  Then I rubbed my Vintage Photo Ink Pad directly over the image( much more than I normally would) and rubbing it with paper towel to get the excess ink off. It doesn't show very well in the photo but I stamped the background panel with CAC-Script CC-050 in Vintage Photo and sponged the edges too.  I to some Hemp Twine and sponges it with Vintage Photo as well to coordinate it with the rest of the card.  I tried to add embellishments but it all seem just to much when the image speaks for itself.

If you popped in looking for my BLOG CANDY CLICK HERE.

Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulous day!!
Hugs,
Ellen

18 comments:

  1. You did an amazing job with this technique. Love the image...perfect choice! Great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning design Ellen ! Perfect 'manly' creation, the crackled glass tecnique is awesome. Glad that you found time with your hectic schedule to join the IO Challenge. Have a great day, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Никогда такого не встречала, докторов просто СУПЕР ОРИГИНАЛЬНЫЙ подарок. Вы просто молодец и я с удовольствием продолжаю следить за Вашим творчеством!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best use of this technique that I have ever seen. I love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a card to display-wonderful!
    PH

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! This just so lovely and perfect for the challenge! Love your cracked glass effect with your image too. Gorgeous and the perfect male card. Thanks for playing and good luck in the drawing too, Ellen!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card all around ! The monochromatic layers, the cracked embossing, the twine and that beautiful stamp make for both vintage and masculine feel...love it

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a beautiful card Ellen, that cracked glass effect is amazing!
    Hugs, Berlinde

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning male card Ellen:) You are very creative...you make very vintage photo:)
    Good work my friend^_^
    Big big hug,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a super image with the doctor's bag and I just love the cracked glass technique. Fantastic, masculine creation, Ellen.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is over the top too cool! I love how this turned out. I'm going to have to give this technique a go one of these days.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful vintage beauty, Ellen, and a great guy card...love the image and it looks fabulous with the cracked glass technique!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. El dahlin, this is remarkable I tell you! It's totally vintage and crafted so well. I'm in awe of the talents you have to project your creativity into your work. What a great teacher you'd make. Over and out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is fabulous. I love the cracked glass technique paired with this image and the colors. Stunning!

    Thank you for entering my blog candy and for the sweet comments you have left for me. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely Amazing! I've been playing around with some type of aged look for an old pick up truck image. You've given me some ideas!! Thanks Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  16. This vintage doctor's bag looks wonderful with the cracked glass Ellen!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh myyyyyyyy! A perfect technique for this awesome old Doctor's bag! Make'em up in a wall-hanging and get those orders coming your way, Ms. Ellen ... seriously! Too bad I'm not a Doctor or I'd be begging!

    ((((hugs))))

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow this is gorgeous Ellen.
    beautiful done a real vintage card.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!