Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Monday, 27 August 2012

Journaling with Rubbernecker



I made the above journal out of the leftovers papers from a journal my daughter needed me to make for a friend of hers that is going away to private school. 

I stamped this gorgeous Giesha with Umbrella-16197 by Rubbernecker  in Versafine Black Onyx and clear embossed it. I colored it minimally using a Fantastix Coloring Tool with Stormy Sky and just a touch of Peeled Paint Distress Ink.





 I stamped  Rubbernecker's Bamboo-16210  in Stormy Sky repeatedly up the right side of the paper, first stamping off on scrap paper to make it a little more subtle.  I did the same on a Spellbinders Labels One and stamped All Great Things-16478 and embossed it as well. I sponged the edges of of the patterned paper with Stormy Sky. The ribbon is actually a light blue satin ribbon that had been dyed with Stormy Sky to match. I added some black hemp twine and a Marianne Designs Oriental Fan charm.

 My daughter had pretty detailed wants...flourishes, butterflies, black hemp and the letter N and not to fancy and had to be blue.  This is what I came up with.........


This uses Rubbernecker's Butterfly inchies-15517 embossed, colored with Scattered Straw and Rusty hinge Distress inks and cut out. They are sitting atop Rubbernecker's Flourish 30-08.  A plain and simple journal that she was happy with.

Thanks for stopping by! Wishing you all a lovely day!
Ellen

11 comments:

  1. Ух какой бесподобный штамп, блокнотик просто супер)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Ellen this creation is stunning:)
    Beautiful color and the stamp is gorgeous:)
    And you have a daughter...oh I'm happy of this news...I have a daughter too,she called Isabel and has 15 mounths:)
    Big hug,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has to be the prettiest journal ever, Ellen. I LOVE the color and that wonderful Geisha stamp. The faint stamping of the bamboo is just perfect. I know your daughter must have been pleased with the journal when you were through. You did BIG, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ellen, both journals are beautiful ! The stamping & colouring is awesome ! I've never heard of the Fantastic Coloring Tool, will have to check it out, I love the shading on the Geisha Lady. Great images as well. Have a great day, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful journals Ellen, the stamp of the Geisha is gorgeous!!
    Hugs, Berlinde

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow Ellen, what fabulous and gorgeous images and beautiful made.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ellen, I'd like to invite you to visit our new Color Challenge Blog. http://colormebeautifulchallenge.blogspot.com/ My friend, and I have been working on this new blog for over a month. Please come meet our new design Team on Friday August 31 and check out our new color challenge blog! We will throw out our very first color challenge this Saturday, September 1st!!
    I'd love to have you come play along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What lovely journals Ellen! The subtle coloring on your Asian image is wonderful and the sentiment is perfect for a journal!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ellen both of these journals are simply stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness, Ellen! What an inspiring journal for her to take with her to school ... this is so special. Love the blues .. and the black is a stunning contrast choice. Your DD has not fallen far from the tree, m'dear!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful journals. Really love the Asian themed one with all of the multiple stamps. Great work

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!