Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog! I am a paper crafter that loves to share new tips and techniques. Feel free to case (copy and share everything) any of my projects. I am honored when my work is duplicated. I only ask that you provide a link to my blog if you are uploading to the internet anywhere, giving credit where credit is due. . Please do not submit my projects for contests or magazine submissions. Content within this blog are shared for personal/non-commercial use and for inspiration only. From time to time some of the products used on my blog have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts. Let me reassure you , I will always be completely honest with you whether I truly believe a product is fabulous or not.

Followers

Friday, 31 August 2012

Scrapbook Pages~A Rubbernecker Sale, and Blog Candy Winner



I made this page for my daughter Katie to remember her fun day tubing at the lake with her friends.  I started with a 12 x 12 white card stock.  I cut a curvy  mask  out of  scrap paper. I use both pieces when I do this type masking.  I masked the bottom of and sponged Adirondack Cloudy Blue then Weathered Wood Distress ink.  Then I used the opposite mask and masked the top off and sponged Memento Desert Sand and Toffee Crunch.  I inked up Rubbernecker's Floral #6~16450 
with Memento Olive Green and stamped it a few times on each side of the page.  Then stamped some sand and weeds from Kittie Kits Beach Master~16756 in Memento Toffee Crunch and went over some of the weeds with a Memento Olive Green Marker.



  I sponged some Toffee Crunch here and there to and under the Florals #6 to create a little more dimension.


 I stamped "lake fun" on Twill tape in memento Green Olive with Rubbernecker's Alphabet Set#1-15625 and added a couple of SU star brads and an anchor charm hung with hemp twine.


This second page is my sweet niece Stella that has me baking as much as when my own kids were little.  Every day she is at my house she wants to bake something.  It's as if every day is a celebration! I am sure it is just to have the opportunity to lick the bowl clean! Sorry for the camera glare, I could not get a good picture no matter how hard I tried.
I used Rubbernecker's Party-Time Set-15524 to do this page.  a cake colored with Love Letter and Rich Cocoa Memento markers and covered with Cinnamon and Stardust Stickles and a red button for a cherry on top. Then popped up over chocolate grosgrain ribbon.  then a simple sentiment that just says it all.  the patterned paper is from CTMH.

I added a few more red and brown random buttons and added some cinnamon Stickles to them.

I have exiting news ..... Rubbernecker.com is having a huge SALE!!!  Be sure  and check it out!!!!!!!!!!!!



The August Blog Candy winner is...........


Congratulations Berlindie you were comment #5!   Please email me your full name and address to ellentaylor38@yahoo.ca and I will pop your Clip it Up in the in the mail Tuesday since it a long weekend here in Canada.

 Click Here To Enter for My Blog Candy

Check out her blog, lindeshobbyblogie  it's fantastic  Here is the sweet comment she left......
                         
What a beautiful card Ellen!
Your candy is fabulous, thanks for the chance to win! It's in the sidebar of my blog!
Hugs, Berlinde

I will have blog candy for September up in a few days for my followers. So you will have a another chance to win.

Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulous weekend!!
Ellen

13 comments:

  1. Поздравляю Berlinde! Эллен спасибо за шанс!!!
    Странички замечательные!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Какие интересные странички у Вас получились,спасибо за Вашу красоту работ,с удовольствием всегда любуюсь и вдохновляюсь))
    С уважением Надежда

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations Berlinda.

    what great layouts Ellen, and those pictures are just funny and beautiful.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous lay-outs Ellen ! Love the beach background you created on the first one. Your niece looks so cute and I'm sure a lot of fun ! Enjoy the weekend busy lady ! Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi sweet Ellen, these scrap page is wonderful:))
    The Katie page is so beautiful, you used a fab colors:) And Stella page is sooo sweet:)
    Well done my friend^_^
    I think they tresure these work of art:))
    Happy weekend,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  6. El darling, I love the lake layout. Please tell you daughter I think she is a beautiful teenager! I have idea how to mask anything accept my own face. I need your training camp in May, that's what I need. And, oh, that scraping the bowl page is hilarious. She reminds me of myself. I still do that! My husband always wonders why the cakes come out of the oven at just over 1" in height! Hey, you should come here and take some photos of me doing that. For sure, those photos would be enough to make any grown woman cry! Happy long weekend. Over and out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful layouts Ellen!!
    Wow, I won your candy, thank you so much!!
    I've send you an email with my adress.
    Have a nice weekend!
    Hugs, Berlinde

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful pages! Oh to live by a lake again, and to eat batter without any concerns...love it

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh!! Your scrappy pages are to LUV, Ellen! (Wish you could be across the street to "shove" me into scrapping!) Fabulous beach scene page .. except there is no way your daughter is that age & darling! .. Seriously! And who wouldn't do whatever that darlin' Stella might ask? Just so sweet ... all of this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very beuatifull layouts Ellen!
    Congrats mom (berlinde) ;) with the candy, i'm sure it will look great in your scraproom!
    And thanks to ellen for the chance te win!

    Love
    Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your daughter is really growing up! And, she is such a pretty girl...how proud you must be. Now, I can see right away that you're going to spoil Stella. Ha Oh, isn't that what they're for?
    Your scrapbook pages are fabulous. Just wish I could find some time for that.
    Congrats to Berlinde on winning that wonderful blog candy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love these layouts and the fabulous colors and designs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day!